Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Games with DROD theme.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Games with DROD theme. (0)  
I have a bunch of games that I have created and was thinking about putting a DROD theme to them. I first wanted to know if anyone would consider playing them... I don't want to adjust the game if no one has a desire for them. These games will be more stable than DRODtris that I am creating.
I was also wondering if anyone is still interested in me doing more with DRODtris... it seems that the excitement for it has gone down.

The games that I could adjust to a DROD theme would be:
- DRODzee (Yahtzee)... includes Classic, Painted, Triple, and Pyramid Yahtzee.
- DRODkoban (Sokoban)... this version of Sokoban has a level creator.
- Beethro Mind (Master Mind).

All of these games, I have already created... I could give them a DROD twist to it, if anyone would find that interesting.

If anyone wants to see the original games that I created, then just let me know.
10-06-2003 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Games with DROD theme. (0)  
I would only really consider playing them if they had some DROD twist that made them an actual different playing experience from the games they were based on...not just new graphics and sounds. DRODtris excites me because of the possibilities of Beethro's sword, tar mixing, etc. There are lots of things you could add to that to make it a really interesting and almost unique game. I have no idea how you could do that with Yachtzee or Mastermind. Sokoban, perhaps.

That's just my opinion though.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-06-2003 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
bradwall wrote:
I have a bunch of games that I have created and was thinking about putting a DROD theme to them.
Well, I'm with Onei that it is more interesting to introduce something novel into the game besides the theme, but you should get some opportunities, and it would be cool to see Beethro showing up in your games.

-Erik

10-07-2003 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
You can do like Hoyle Games, but instead of playing agains Sierra characters like King Graham, you play against Beethro. And add in the appropriate sound effects. Yeah, it would be amusing for a few times.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-07-2003 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
I'd be a bit concerned about the novelty value wearing out. As Onieromancer and Erik say, it's one thing if you have DROD-related features - but just giving DROD themes to a lot of unrelated games would wear the concept thin quickly.

DRODtris is cool partially because it's special (it's also fun to play, but that's not directly DROD related) - it's the only DROD-themed non-DROD game. Don't make it less special by crowding the field.

10-07-2003 at 01:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
Thanks for the input.
10-07-2003 at 02:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Games with DROD theme.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com