Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East (0)  
I really can't say I'm enjoying Builders. With the single exception of UL: 3N1E, They've been more of annoyance than anything else.

In regards to this room, is there any tips that I should heed, or is this just a 'Wait until the builders clear enough of the walls, then rush in and kill the mothers before too much oremite gets laid down?

[Last edited by NiroZ at 04-11-2007 10:30 AM]
04-11-2007 at 10:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East (0)  
sadly, that's pretty much the only advice there is... just live long enough to get in there do some damage, and use what's left of the walls for cover while doing one side.

04-11-2007 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
icon Re: The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East (+1)  
Got it!

What I needed to realise was that
Click here to view the secret text

04-11-2007 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
Someone give me a demo. This room appears to require a specific move sequence after a certain point, because as soon as I make for a hole in the wall, I've immediately got roaches heading towards me from 3 sides. I can't even get to the hole in the wall half the time, and even when I do I die within 10 moves. Then I have to start the room all over again because the checkpoints are in completely useless locations! :angry

Also none of the creatures are doing partial movements- they just instantly pop to their destinations. What's up with that? It totally screws my prediction over, making it much harder to even kill the roaches at the beginning while I wait for the walls to break.
04-14-2007 at 04:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Try

04-14-2007 at 05:32 AM
McFrugal
Rank Points: 59
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I managed to finish it. On my first retry after a couple nights away from the game, too. It seems I just was being impatient and rushing in right when the first tile of wall opened, from inside the center... and I think that situation is suicide.

I had better luck

04-16-2007 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JonHogg
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Gah, I've been stuck on this room for days now, last one on the level - can someone send me a demo?
05-01-2007 at 12:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355

File: TCB Upper Lowest 1E Victory.demo (8.9 KB)
Downloaded 579 times.
License: Public Domain
Here you go.
05-01-2007 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JonHogg
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
got it now, many thanks.
05-01-2007 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chimerix
Rank Points: 41
icon Re: The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East (+2)  
This room makes me feel stupid. No better word exists.

I follow the hints. I study the demo. I'm on the 4th consecutive day of not solving it.

What happens to me, and apparently no one else, is that the builders stop working. Just like in the demo, I camp out in a corner, and can successfully defend against wave after wave of roaches. Just like in the demo, most of the builders quickly become stuck, but 1 or 2 keep moving. Until...

...exactly 1 tile gets removed in the upper center wall. At which time all builders stop moving. I can't manage to move to a new area of the room in hopes of jiggling them loose, nor can I make my way to that 1 lonely, inaccessible opening in the wall.

This is definitely one of those rooms which inspires thoughts of extreme violence against my poor, defenseless Mac.

[EDIT]
YAY! My plan worked! Yet another wonderful example of the post-then-solve phenomenon! Go Chim! Go Chim!! :punk

[Last edited by Chimerix at 02-01-2008 09:06 PM]
02-01-2008 at 08:56 PM
DCLeadboot
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Rooms like this and 2N1E are what spoil this game - they're so hard, it's not fun anymore.
In fact, I end up battling it out with a scowl to match Beethro's expression!

[Last edited by DCLeadboot at 01-29-2011 06:00 PM]
01-29-2011 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5065
icon Re: The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East (+2)  
DCLeadboot wrote:
Rooms like this and 2N1E are what spoil this game - they're so hard, it's not fun anymore.
In fact, I end up battling it out with a scowl to match Beethro's expression!
Um...I appreciate your tenacity, and I agree this game is quite demanding, but your commentary on every other room would be more appropriate in the General Board (for instance). Would you please refrain from resurrecting each room thread in the Hints and Solutions board as you play it?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-09-2011 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Upper Lowest : 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com