Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Land of Pits (Pits)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.4/10 (17 votes)
σ 1.61
Author Name:VIP COOL
Submitted By:VIPCOOL
Hold Name:The Land of Pits
Theme:Pits
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:56
Number of Monsters:555
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Land of Pits.hold (10.9 KB)
Downloaded 1294 times.
License: Other
icon The Land of Pits  
Six level hold. About pits, snakes, and wraithwings.

Edit: Please do not play this hold. It is a bit boring and was one of my first holds. The only reason you might be reading this is if you played my other holds and thought they were good.
04-10-2007 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: The Land of Pits (+1)  
Like your other hold, mazes can get boring.

And I thought some of the rooms were getting just a bit repetitive.

But overall, I thought this one was good. It was definitely better than The Snow Land.

Nice job. :)
04-10-2007 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: The Land of Pits (0)  
Not too bad, Vip. But the wraithwing killing can get a bit aggravating!

I gave this a 6 and 3.5 brains.
04-18-2007 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Good job! Good hold, really. I like wraithwing and snakes, and too with pit! I give 8 funny and 5 brains.

Congratulations! :thumbsup

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
04-19-2007 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Just finished this hold and wanted to say thanks. I enjoyed it and my wraithwing smiting skill is much improved. The maze on Level 6 wasn't too bad, and though some rooms had trivial solutions, many had interesting ones. Overall, I give it a 7, with 3 brains.

Oh I wanted to ask: there don't seem to be any secret rooms, yet tokyokid has 58 rooms conquered for this hold, but the rest of us only have 56 rooms. Why is that?

[Last edited by noma at 04-20-2007 02:48 AM]
04-20-2007 at 02:44 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
noma wrote:
Oh I wanted to ask: there don't seem to be any secret rooms, yet tokyokid has 58 rooms conquered for this hold, but the rest of us only have 56 rooms. Why is that?
He's back to 56; I've noted that occasionally with my own scores, I'll be credited twice for the same score. It fixes itself eventually.
04-20-2007 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Not a very difficult hold but actually fun (and easy)for optimizing.

I like optimizing rooms that have multiple entrances, or having to go around to get to the other side so you can even finish the room.

With that being said, too many of the rooms were easy 1st place ties. Some required some genuine effort but there were a good many that if you just used the right entrance and killed some wraithwings before the last serpent died, you'd tie for first place.

There were several rooms that it was too easy to leave before defeating it, and if you left by the wrong entrance then you'd have to restore to the previous room. This was annoying but probably my own fault. All in all, a decent beginner hold for the theme chosen (narrow paths over pits). 6/10 for fun, 3/10 for brains.

01-03-2012 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
First of all I have to say I am a little surprised it has that low rating because I have found it to be a really enjoyable distraction. Ultimately there weren't any difficult or challenging puzzles, almost everything depended on execution, but I especially liked the last level which fortunately had not overstayed its welcome.Although holds like this one show how handy an option to click with your mouse to pathfind there would be.

02-13-2016 at 12:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Land of Pits (Pits) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com