Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Smitemaster's Selection credits (19 too many.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Smitemaster's Selection credits (0)  
I have 29 credits on the Purchases page, but I should only have 10.
From my original CaravelNet purchase, I got 4 SmS's.
The renewal was with a secret offer, getting me 5, but only one was released, then renewed before April for 4 more.
I bought one individually.
So, I should have access to fifteen SmS's, five of which I already have. So basically I have too many.

04-05-2007 at 07:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Smitemaster's Selection credits (0)  
Yeah, 25 is a bit much for me as well. I think I should have somewhere around 8.
04-05-2007 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
r3m0t
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
It says "You have purchased 3 Smitemaster's Selections. You will be able to download the holds below, or access them in-game if you have a current CaravelNet subscription."

Does that mean I have 3 credits?

My list is:
Smitemaster's Selections you have access to
King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0
The Choice
Beethro's Teacher
Perfection
Halph Has a Bad Day
Beethro and the Secret Society
Master Locks
Master Locks Expert
Smitemastery 101
These hold files may not be distributed.
04-05-2007 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
For what it's worth, I also have 25 credit, with three years worth of CaravelNet on my account.
04-05-2007 at 07:52 PM
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
r3m0t wrote:
These hold files may not be distributed.
hmmm.... i've never heard of that hold before

[Last edited by golfrman at 04-05-2007 08:01 PM]
04-05-2007 at 08:01 PM
r3m0t
...and now it's down to just one. I imagine everybody else's was also fixed.

Does this mean I will be able to get just the next SS? I imagine that will be around summer 07, right?
04-05-2007 at 08:01 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1912
I was at 1 SMS before TCB, now it shows 5 for me.
04-05-2007 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I should have 5, I have 8.
04-05-2007 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DGM
Rank Points: 202
I'm suddenly at 5. I think this is right, assuming you're giving all the credits at once now instead of doling one out every 3 months.

EDIT: Was the credit Erik gave out back in October actually supposed to be an extra credit, or just a credit that you could use specially to download an older SS? Because if it was an extra above the 4 I purchased the first time, I think I should be at 6.

[Last edited by DGM at 04-05-2007 08:16 PM]
04-05-2007 at 08:12 PM
Ravon
Rank Points: 220
I don't know about everyone else, but 8 sounds about right for me :whistle .
04-05-2007 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
It's apparently fixed now.

04-05-2007 at 08:34 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Smitemaster's Selection credits (+1)  
CaravelNet was originally designed to be on/off, and when it was on, you could access all SmS holds.

Then it was changed so that you could only access SmS holds released while you had CaravelNet.

Now when you had CaravelNet isn't relevant - SmS access is handled separately.

Due to these large changes, it's hard to exactly determine what everyone should be entitled to. There have been times when extra time was added to everyone's CaravelNet subscriptions, times when buying CaravelNet gave you more than 12 months, extra editions of SmS holds given out, etc.

The 29/25 thing was a display error which is now fixed. I've looked at the numbers on the people who have posted here, and I think they're pretty good. Anyone who thinks theirs is wrong still - please PM me and I'll look into them case by case, or if I find a general error, I'll fix it.

04-05-2007 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
Oh my God...

7 smitemaster selection claims to make?

But then some of them have been removed from my list.

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 04-05-2007 09:51 PM]
04-05-2007 at 09:51 PM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
Does the credit count include SS I already have? Because I have 9 holds listed, and 8 credits, so that either means there are 8 more coming to me, or that I'm already "in debt" somehow.

04-06-2007 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
ah, is it supposed to say how many credits you have here?, because it doesn't say anything about credits there.

Theoretically, I should have 5 (1 for the fact that only 3 SmS's have been released last year, +4 because I have my subscription till april next year.).
04-06-2007 at 09:46 AM
piderman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
Beef Row wrote:
Does the credit count include SS I already have? Because I have 9 holds listed, and 8 credits, so that either means there are 8 more coming to me, or that I'm already "in debt" somehow.

Well, "Master Locks" and "Master Locks Expert" are the same hold, basically. Even taking that into account, I have 8 holds and 7 purchased. But it says "Smitemaster's selections purchased". I have actually bought 4 (KDD2, Perfection, Halph Stories and Beethro's Teacher), so that would leave me with 3 credits.
So in your case, I think that if you have bought all SmSes until now (collections, not holds) you have 4 credits left for future releases. I think :D
04-06-2007 at 10:31 AM
r3m0t
Schik wrote:
CaravelNet was originally designed to be on/off, and when it was on, you could access all SmS holds.

Then it was changed so that you could only access SmS holds released while you had CaravelNet.

Now when you had CaravelNet isn't relevant - SmS access is handled separately.

Due to these large changes, it's hard to exactly determine what everyone should be entitled to. There have been times when extra time was added to everyone's CaravelNet subscriptions, times when buying CaravelNet gave you more than 12 months, extra editions of SmS holds given out, etc.

I would suggest a list of credits towards the account, for example "old CaravelNet subscription", "won contest" or "purchased seperately at $9".

I would also make it a bit clearer that the credits haven't been spent yet. It really isn't clear: "You have purchased 1 Smitemaster's Selections. You will be able to download the holds below, or access them in-game if you have a current CaravelNet subscription." That's strange, because I already have 5 SS. ;)

It should say "You have 1 Smitemaster's Selections credit. You can spend this on previous and future SS. You can also access holds you have already bought below, or in-game..."

Also, it would be nice to group the hold downloads by SS. That way, I could see which hold appeared when.
04-06-2007 at 06:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Smitemaster's Selection credits (19 too many.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com