Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (0)  
I am unable to keep the goblin off the first arrow. I believe I need to manuever him to the red square to kill last roach. Am I on the right track?

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 04-12-2007 03:42 AM : fixed bad room ID]
04-04-2007 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (+1)  
Are you sure you have the right room?

1. There are no goblins in the linked room.
2. The linked room is actually Uncturage 2E (forum bug?)
3. There are no goblins on anywhere on Deep Uncturage (as far as I can see).

[Last edited by stigant at 04-04-2007 07:33 PM]
04-04-2007 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (0)  
Assuming I've got the right room and it's a golem, the way I did it was to leave the golem back at the beginning until I had killed all the roaches. If the golem gets to the first arrow before the roaches are dead it's gone too far.

[Last edited by KevG at 04-04-2007 07:32 PM]
04-04-2007 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Albert
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
That room image is for the 2E in Uncturage rather than Deep Uncturage. You want this one.

Click here to view the secret text

04-04-2007 at 07:35 PM
junglejane
I bad. It is a golem. I am unable to kill the fourth roach. The other three die easily. That is why I thought perhaps I needed to use the golem to block the 4th roach. Please let me know how to make #4 die. I am unable to progress any further in the game it seems. The librarian keeps telling me I have work to do in the uncturage, but I seem to have comleted that. It is the deep uncturage that is giving me the problem.

I did have a little problem downloading the game. I wonder if it may have become corrupted. Can anyone suggest to me how I might go about reloading the game? I am unable to send messages to the Hints and Solutions forum also. I have had to use another computer to send this email.

Albert wrote:
That room image is for the 2E in Uncturage rather than Deep Uncturage. You want this one.

04-04-2007 at 08:22 PM
junglejane
As soon as I knew that the 4th could die without the aid of the golem, I was able to clear the room. Thanks for all the help. However, I still would feel better if I could reload the game, to make certain it isn't corrupted. Would like advice for that.
junglejane wrote:
I bad. It is a golem. I am unable to kill the fourth roach. The other three die easily. That is why I thought perhaps I needed to use the golem to block the 4th roach. Please let me know how to make #4 die. I am unable to progress any further in the game it seems. The librarian keeps telling me I have work to do in the uncturage, but I seem to have comleted that. It is the deep uncturage that is giving me the problem.

I did have a little problem downloading the game. I wonder if it may have become corrupted. Can anyone suggest to me how I might go about reloading the game? I am unable to send messages to the Hints and Solutions forum also. I have had to use another computer to send this email.

Albert wrote:

04-04-2007 at 08:31 PM
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
What makes you think it might be corrupted?

EDIT: Actually, you should post about that somewhere other than H&S really.

[Last edited by BeefontheBone at 04-04-2007 08:45 PM]
04-04-2007 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Varkarrus
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
Urggh! I'm still stuck! As soon as I kill a single roach, another gets stuck on an arrow! (It was all right to bump, right?)
03-10-2008 at 08:13 PM
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
icon Re: The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (+3)  
It is ok to bump the Hints and Solutions board as long as you still have problems with it. Anyways:

The best way to solve this room is to make sure to kill all the roach before you kill the golem. Now, roaches aren't that stupid, so you'll want to get all four of them pretty quick. Remember that roaches can cross corners even if they're more than once space away from them. Roaches will always run to you by moving diagonally then vertically or horizontally to get to you when they're not brained.

A rock golem is very, very stupid. It will run to you when you're directly horizontal or vertical to them, but can move diagonally to cross 90 degree angles to get to you.

After all that reading, I'll just give you the secret solution if you have caravel net.

And that is how to solve that room.

[Last edited by Mr. Slice at 03-10-2008 10:19 PM]
03-10-2008 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (+2)  
Varkarrus doesn't have CaravelNet, but quoting Mr. Slice's post will reveal the coordinates of each point (then just right-click in the game to find them).
03-11-2008 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rman
Rank Points: 371
The roaches are on the right places but I can't get the golem to the right place!

How must I move?

I have a demo on other computer, but I can get it only in May. So I want to solve this room now.

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):

[Last edited by rman at 04-02-2008 01:14 PM]
04-02-2008 at 01:06 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505

File: TCBD Deep Uncturage 2E Victory demo.demo (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East (+2)  
O.K. Here's the demo. Actually, this one is easier that TCB Deep Uncturage 3E. :P
04-02-2008 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Rank Points: 371
Thanks!

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):

04-02-2008 at 01:19 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Deep Uncturage : 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com