Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score uploading in TCB (No scores and empty box when i manually click 'upload')
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
christine83
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 158
IP: Logged
icon Score uploading in TCB (0)  
After the first 5 levels I noticed I wasn't getting any more highscores, but I could see highscores of other people that did beat the room. When I manually clicked on 'upload' in the demo screen I got an empty textbox with an 'okay' button.

After restarting the game the problem seemed to be solved, but when I entered the next level it started again. I restarted the game. And after only 2 rooms the problem started again. If I want my scores uploaded I seem to have to restart the game after every room now.

I'm not sure what other information I can give you. The problem started in Homeward Ascent.

Grtz, Christine

#1 Fan!
Click here to view the secret text

04-02-2007 at 10:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Score uploading in TCB (0)  
I had a similar issue. It turns out that the levels in the demo do not have the same IDs as the levels in the full version -- so if you play the demo a bunch, then install the full version on top of it, you will have random rooms marked as completed. I had to replay a few levels to get them to appear on my restore screen... and I was able to view demos in a few rooms I shouldn't have (I can also restore to places I've never been).

I'm probably going to start all over with a clean import into only the full version.

(N.B.: I installed the full version on top of the demo version. in part because I habitually remove "demo" from the name of demos when I install them, at least for things which I expect to upgrade smoothly in place such as this; and in part because I wanted to keep the hour and a half I had spent downloading all the other holds and importing all my saves. but, anyway, it was the "in place" overwrite that messed up my progress information).

[Last edited by silver at 04-02-2007 12:44 PM]
04-02-2007 at 12:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
halyavin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
silver wrote:
... and I was able to view demos in a few rooms I shouldn't have
So a check that you must complete room in order to view demos is on client side now? It is bad, if TCB works this way.

04-02-2007 at 01:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
I doubt it's client side entirely.

imagine hold-id-1,level-id-5,room-id-1 is uploaded to the server because I've completed it in the demo.

now imagine that I replace hold-id-1 with "the same" hold (by the .dat merger in the installer), but level-id-5 is now a different level. the server thinks I've completed 1,5,1 and will let me download the demo, even though it's "really" a different room.

[Last edited by silver at 04-02-2007 01:17 PM]
04-02-2007 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Yeah, you can't install the full version right on top of the demo. You'll have to export TCB player progress from the demo version and import it into the player.dat that comes with the full version.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-02-2007 at 07:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
you might want to make the installer enforce that, since it leads to amusing "cheats".

04-02-2007 at 08:09 PM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
Hold on a sec. I've had the same issue, and only ever installed the full version.

I'm importing my player file now, so I am going to be out of action for a while, but I'll test some more later.

Steve.
04-02-2007 at 08:12 PM
silver
there's over 30,000 demos the spider is crawling at the moment. and it only recently started crawling TCB rooms. not sure if that's related to your report.

04-06-2007 at 07:01 PM
bflatjeff
Rank Points: 93
The same thing has happened for me, for the record.
I only ever installed the full version, no demo.
I noticed about 10:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, April 5, that either Caravelnet was down or my demos weren't uploading, nor was I able to download others' demos. The network connect icon had no antenna, but also no "X". I quit and restarted the game, which sometimes worked (I believe), but I also got the blank box when I attempted to upload demos individually, nor did the mass "Upload my scores" button from the settings menu have any effect.

I see now, though, that everything has uploaded... so no long harm done, just kept me from optimizing as I went for a while...

BbJ, enjoying TCB very much. :thumbsup

04-07-2007 at 03:46 AM
nobodybutyours
Rank Points: 50
Thought I'd point out that while uploading after the fact seems to work now, the box that appears after hitting the upload button is still blank.

Since there's a delay between uploading the demo and having it show up in the list ( -- does this have to do with waiting for the spider? I don't know anything about this -- ), it would probably make sense for the window to mention the delay or at least give some sort of acknowledgment that things are being processed.
04-09-2007 at 03:16 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218

File: BlankUploadBox.JPG (194.8 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
*bump*?

I'm getting this too in the full version (screenshot attached). Not sure if you're already looking at it though...
04-25-2007 at 06:58 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Syntax wrote:
*bump*?

I'm getting this too in the full version (screenshot attached). Not sure if you're already looking at it though...
Yes, this has been fixed for 3.0.2.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-25-2007 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score uploading in TCB (No scores and empty box when i manually click 'upload')
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com