Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Can't find help anywhere!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
please_kyle
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Can't find help anywhere! (0)  
I'm looking for a little virus help. Or, maybe it's not even a virus! Anyway, one day I went onto my computer and went to login to windows and I typed in my username and password and it said that it was wrong. So, I tried again and logged in, but into a default account with the same username and password. I didn't understand so I went to modify the users to find out that there was three of my accounts! One account was .bak, and now I can't log into my original account and I can't delete the others. I've looked everywhere for help. Can someone help me out?
09-20-2003 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Can't find help anywhere! (0)  
You should probably state which version of Windows you are running (I assume it is Windows)...it will give someone who actually has knowledge of this sort of thing a little more information. If you are using Windows XP Home, you can access the Administrator account by holding F8 down while starting up and then choosing to boot into Safe Mode. Then when you log in as Administrator you should be able to change the users.

That's all I know...if you've already tried that then hopefully someone else can help you. If you think it's a virus and you don't have any virus scanning software, then there are several free programs as well as ones that can run from the Internet, you should be able to find them quickly by searching through Google or whatever search engine you like.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-20-2003 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
please_kyle
Oh sorry, I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. And I AM administrator on the computer... that's the thing. I also have a virus scanner (bitdefender). That's why I'm asking here, it's my last resort before BASHING my computer in.
09-20-2003 at 01:52 PM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
In times of trouble, I've always generally gone to securityresponse.norton.com. Try that.

Of course, you may simply have been prompted to change your password and ignored it.

Matt

09-20-2003 at 05:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
please_kyle
No, I haven't been prompted to change my password, the problem is that there is THREE accounts with my username and password, stopping me from being able to get into my original account.
09-21-2003 at 04:13 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Can't find help anywhere!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com