Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. (Our News for April.)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Re: Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. (0)  
Oh, cool. I didn't know that. Well, that saves me a whole lot of worrying over JtRH... So now I just have to wait for Caravel to release a TCB-compatible version of the hold. :)

04-02-2007 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. (+2)  
Seeing the all shining and bright one hundred percents next to the cursedly blessed yellow bar resembling door, I dived into the deepest depths of eternal bliss and happiness. My lips, made a silent sigh, my soul almost left my body through the spasm of joy. Tears almost came from my twirling eyes. A wide smile, smile, which didn't visit my face for two years, showed, and the amazingly loud "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA" echoed in my mind.

That's all about how I felt just few seconds ago. Now I'm downloading the demo. I'm going to set my alarm clock to 2:00AM so I can get almost SIX Hours, of infinite Drodish Joy, before going to school! So I can learn ALL the new elements, play with them, find out innovative ways of using them, build in myself the willpower and motivation to continue developing my hold, and then go to school and have a text from Physics... Meanwhile of course developing new and new ways of using the elements, and new twists and turns for the plot ^^.

Aww, I can't wait... I'll have Real problems with getting some good sleep today because of that...

EDIT: I was so touched I forgot to say this one last statement.
Great, great, great thanks, to all you, who have been involved in DROD development, not only those who were with TCB, but to every single person, who contributed something into any release of DROD, because the amount of sweat you had to... Sweat in order to create these masterpieces was enormous! And the fact that you give it all for free (Well, excepting the Plot) is just.. Just... I'm out of words :).

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:54 PM : Going to the keep]
04-02-2007 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DGM
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 202
icon Re: Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. (+1)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
A huge number of new game elements have been added, including the infamous "ray gun", which is a laser-like attack that can blast all the way across the room in a single turn.

Interesting. I haven't played past the demo yet, but I'll bet half my rank points there's a nasty puzzle involving liches and hot plates somewhere in the full game.

Beethro himself does not carry a ray gun, but other creatures do.

But where is Beethro's ray gun? If the enemies are going high-tech, it is only fair. :P

Danforth Strout Is Not a Real Person

Danforth...
not...
:~(

LIAR! YOU <bleep> <bleep> <bleep>-ING <bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep> LIAR!

The Holy Church of Strout will see you burn for this, heretic.

Adam Peterson Is a Real Person

They were in the same room together when I saw them, eliminating the possibility of being fooled by Mike Rimer donning a disguise.

Meh, nice try. But I'm not buying it. We've already established your unreliability as a witness with the whole Danforth Strout issue. :P

The Next Caravel Game Is Already Written

Mike Rimer wrote the next Caravel Game even before DROD: The City Beneath was finished.

The working title of the game is "DROD RPG",

Heh. I'm going to guess... True.

No Lies Found in this Illumination Were False

There's no reason to argue this point.

You're trying to pull a "Kirk" on me, aren't you? Make my head explode like one of the robots in Star Trek?

It won't work. You won't escape the punishment for denying The Strout so easily...

Unless you will, in which case this response is false. But if this response is false then oh dear I've gone all cross-eyed...

[Last edited by DGM at 04-03-2007 11:05 PM]
04-03-2007 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
Yay, finally got it!

I love the music!

Just decided that I'll play through the entire hold without checking any hints at all. Too bad I'm already stuck... :)

04-04-2007 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
angrycoder
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
If I finish the demo and purchase the full game, will I be able to continue where I left off in the demo?
04-04-2007 at 02:20 AM
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Yup. You just export your player from the demo, reimport it into the full version, and you can restore to exactly the same point.
04-04-2007 at 02:29 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
So... When will we know what your (Caravels) next projekt is?
04-04-2007 at 07:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant!
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
Aargh! Darn you to heck for releasing another great game during a period when I really don't have time for playing it! There goes my night's sleep for the following week!

Great work, guys.

(hm, any chance I could pay through Paypal? I don't have a credit card and international money orders are tricky...)

[Last edited by Radiant! at 04-04-2007 06:18 PM]
04-04-2007 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Rank Points: 184
Blondbeard wrote:
So... When will we know what your (Caravels) next project is?
I imagine the next thing you'll see will be a couple of patches, then SttD, followed by a long relaxing sigh and basking session :)

04-04-2007 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lakibuk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
Radiant! wrote:
(hm, any chance I could pay through Paypal? I don't have a credit card and international money orders are tricky...)
Strange, Plimus (Caravel's registration service) should accept PayPal. But i don't see it as payment option on the order page.

[Last edited by lakibuk at 04-04-2007 08:34 PM]
04-04-2007 at 08:34 PM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Yeah. Paypal isn't accepted by Plimus except for certain items, which do not include CaravelNet and TCB.

04-04-2007 at 09:26 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
You have to bug Erik, as I recall, he has various thieveries and ways to accomplish these terrible feats. I did it for CNet, as a matter of fact.
04-04-2007 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NekoIncardine
Rank Points: 127
I'm sad that I'm on the blacklist. :(

In all honesty, I'm one of the VAs, and per the deal, that means I get a CD copy when that's printed. Thing is... I dunno when that'll be, so I'm stuck on JtRH for now. ._.

04-05-2007 at 07:02 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
NekoIncardine wrote:

In all honesty, I'm one of the VAs, and per the deal, that means I get a CD copy when that's printed. Thing is... I dunno when that'll be, so I'm stuck on JtRH for now. ._.
:(

I could have sworn you guys/gals would get a free "download now - get the CD later" deal akin to those people who bought TCB...

04-05-2007 at 08:11 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
NekoIncardine wrote:

You have CaravelNet - is it on your downloads page? If not, talk to Mike/Schik
04-05-2007 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Right, all the people who know that they are getting a free copy (either by contributing something to TCB or through a contest) should e-mail Schik, Erik, or Mike (or ideally, all 3 at once so they know who takes care of it) who can activate the full version for you, provided you have CaravelNet, and that you really do deserve it. ;) If you don't, then you might have to wait for a CD.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-05-2007 at 12:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
If you are on the blacklist and don't have Caravelnet, let Mike and Matt know and they'll send you a non-Caravelnet download link.

04-05-2007 at 02:24 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
For the record, I don't know of this non-CaravelNet download link, so until Mike lets me know where it is, you should contact him.

04-05-2007 at 02:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oh, sorry, maybe I misunderstood something, but I was told there was some solution for non-Caravelnet contributors. But if you just buy TCB, don't you get a link that's independent of Caravelnet?

04-05-2007 at 02:55 PM
Schik
If you buy TCB, then you get a download link from Plimus. I don't know how to give those out, if it's even possible. One thing I could always do is give a day of CaravelNet and the CaravelNet download.

04-05-2007 at 03:15 PM
Sillyman
Well another game developer that uses Plimus (Hamumu Software) can give out download links using the same format that the links are sent in the first place, but with them the download link comes from Jamul's email account, not Plimus... And it appears to be semi-automated. If you lose your copy of the game, all you have to do is reply with the email quoted, or some other means of proof that you bought the game, and he hits a button to send you the download again. However, things might work differently for you guys.

04-05-2007 at 05:21 PM
Schik
Yeah, I'm just saying that I don't have access to the Caravel Plimus account, so I can't do that - that would be a Mike or Erik thing.

04-05-2007 at 05:25 PM
Sillyman
Aah. I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

04-05-2007 at 05:31 PM
DGM
Rank Points: 202
Will classic Illumination features like Topic Picks and the Don't Ask Award ever be making a comeback, or have they been swept into the dustbin of the evolutionary process?

04-07-2007 at 04:58 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
DGM wrote:
Will classic Illumination features like Topic Picks and the Don't Ask Award ever be making a comeback, or have they been swept into the dustbin of the evolutionary process?
They will be back. This last post, I didn't wanted the content to be solely comprised of Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. The last two posts, I was just short on time.

-Erik

04-07-2007 at 05:09 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
TCB is simply awesome.

I've been out for almost a week and a half and I haven't been able to play it before (it's been a hard time ;))

I've already mastered the demo and I'll be ordering the full game in a few days (I'm a little bit too busy right now).

I just want to thank and congratulate everyone involved in the making. It's wonderful. Can't wait to get the full version.

I have a couple of questions:
- Will the music be released in a future DMOD 2? I love it!
- I'm having a little trouble with my European keyboard in the chat because it does not recognise my "special" characters. It's just like if I was typing in an American one. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks a lot guys
04-09-2007 at 12:59 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Bombadil wrote:
As Erik has said before, due to licensing issues and because DMOD didn't sell very well, it's very unlikely.
- I'm having a little trouble with my European keyboard in the chat because it does not recognise my "special" characters. It's just like if I was typing in an American one. Is there any way to fix that?
That's an issue with the font used, which is Toms New Roman.
04-09-2007 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Thanks NiroZ
NiroZ wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
As Erik has said before, due to licensing issues and because DMOD didn't sell very well, it's very unlikely.
That's a real pity... :(

NiroZ wrote:
That's an issue with the font used, which is Toms New Roman.
I doubt the problem is in the font. It's just that I type a "?" in my keyboard and it places a "+", I type a "'" and it writes "-"...
04-09-2007 at 11:22 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Bombadil wrote:
I'm going to post a reply to this in a separate topic in general. Look for "Music of The City Beneath".

-Erik

04-09-2007 at 01:06 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Terrible Lies and Unexpected Truths. (Our News for April.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com