Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet slow
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1913
IP: Logged
icon CaravelNet slow (0)  
I just thought I'd mention that CaravelNet seemed very slow yesterday.
03-30-2007 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: CaravelNet slow (0)  
For what it's worth - the entire forum (which happens to run on the same server as CaravelNet) is slow as molasses for me today. Oh, and automatic score upload was a no-go for me as well, yesterday.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some server-taxing behind-the-scenes stuff going on now that TCB is nigh...

np: Amon Tobin - Horsefish (Foley Room)

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-30-2007 03:23 PM]
03-30-2007 at 03:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Briareos wrote:
Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some server-taxing behind-the-scenes stuff going on now that TCB is nigh...
Matt and I are convinced it's Murphy's Law operating.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-30-2007 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: CaravelNet slow (+1)  
Um, just checking, you've paid your server bills, right?
03-30-2007 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AgentIcarus
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
KevG wrote:
Um, just checking, you've paid your server bills, right?

The parallels between that day and this are ... impressive.

Anyone else having trouble getting a new CaravelNet key? I can't connect inside TCB :(

04-06-2007 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Andy101
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
I haven't been able to get a new key for a couple of hours now either.

04-06-2007 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
Yeah, CaravelNet is slow for me too. Keeps disconnecting, and all of a sudden says I need a new key, which won't arrive in the mail. :(

Well, still a ton of rooms to beat...

04-07-2007 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Yeah, sorry. All outgoing email is disabled temporarily. If we can't get it back up soon I'll have to come up with another way for people to get new keys.

04-07-2007 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JonHogg
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Do we have any word on how much longer the email will be? I'm getting desperate to get a download link for TCB.

Are we going to get an extension to CaravelNet membership to make up for the problems with the site?
04-11-2007 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
JonHogg wrote:
Do we have any word on how much longer the email will be? I'm getting desperate to get a download link for TCB.
Well, it works for me as of a day or two ago. I'm using gmail, so one option would be to temporarily set your email to go to a gmail account in your profile.
Are we going to get an extension to CaravelNet membership to make up for the problems with the site?
I do think that would be reasonable, yes. I'll add some time to all the CaravelNet accounts to make up for this downtime when it's over.

04-11-2007 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Schik wrote:Well, it works for me as of a day or two ago. I'm using gmail, so one option would be to temporarily set your email to go to a gmail account in your profile.
I do think that would be reasonable, yes. I'll add some time to all the CaravelNet accounts to make up for this downtime when it's over.
Odd, I use gmail too, and I have been sent 3 PM's in the last 2 days, and none of the notifications that I usually have on hit my inbox.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 04-12-2007 12:55 PM]
04-12-2007 at 08:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
NiroZ wrote:
Odd, I use gmail too, and I have been send 3 PM's in the last 2 days, and none of the notifications that I usually have on hit my inbox.
That's because only critical emails have been turned on - order notifications, key requests, and download requests.

04-12-2007 at 12:30 PM
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
Schik wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Odd, I use gmail too, and I have been send 3 PM's in the last 2 days, and none of the notifications that I usually have on hit my inbox.
That's because only critical emails have been turned on - order notifications, key requests, and download requests.

Wait, key requests are turned on again? They don't work for me. I ordered a CaravelNet extension too, only received the receipt from Plimus, nothing else.

04-14-2007 at 05:59 PM
Schik
Krissan wrote:
Wait, key requests are turned on again? They don't work for me. I ordered a CaravelNet extension too, only received the receipt from Plimus, nothing else.
PM me your order # and I'll get you an activation link, and send you a new key.

[Last edited by Schik at 04-14-2007 06:43 PM]
04-14-2007 at 06:43 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
I haven't managed to get a key, either. (My CaravelNet connection sort of randomly stopped working.)
04-15-2007 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dolan42
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 195
The key generator is not working for me either. Could it be changed to send the keys via PM as well as email?

04-17-2007 at 07:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet slow
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com