Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (High Scores?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (0)  
When I went to Level 16 of King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0, I hit F6 and it says, "This hold is not published on Caravelnet."

However, when I try other levels in King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0, it shows me demos.
03-24-2007 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (0)  
bomber50 wrote:
When I went to Level 16 of King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0, I hit F6 and it says, "This hold is not published on Caravelnet."

However, when I try other levels in King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0, it shows me demos.
Works fine for me... :?

np: Christ - Holobenthic Grex Venalium (Blue Shift Emissions)

03-24-2007 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
So, I: tried it again. It still says "This hold is not published on Caravelnet."

Except now, all of King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 isn't working.

I know it's 2.0 because of the secret rooms.

Even stranger, it sometimes says "This hold is not published on Caravelnet", and it also says "Downloading demos" and then it shows me demos.

I even tried going to the high scores, pressed on one of the top 20 people and clicked King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0. It says some of the levels have no highscores.

???

What is going on?
03-24-2007 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
bomber50 wrote:
I even tried going to the high scores, pressed on one of the top 20 people and clicked King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0. It says some of the levels have no highscores.
Have you installed some sort of HTTP mangler, i.e. a (dain bramaged) virus scanner, so-called "Internet Security Software" that isn't, a personal firewall that runs amok or something similar lately?

Most probably the game's HTTP requests to the CaravelNet server seem to get (at least) the hold id mangled, and other than the above I can't think of any way that could happen - not with the amount of checksumming that is done in TCP/IP... :?

Which patch version of DROD are you using, by the way?

(I can't reproduce your problem on the High Scores page, either... so I'm afraid the problem seems to be closer to your end...)

np: Bleubird - Very Beautiful Dangerous Joke (Rip USA (The Birdfleu))

03-24-2007 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
I'm using version 2.0.14.
03-24-2007 at 11:28 PM
bomber50
So, what should I do?
03-25-2007 at 12:10 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (High Scores?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com