Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : I need to add SSL to a non-SSL Apache 2.2.4 build (A thread for the apache gurus on the site)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon I need to add SSL to a non-SSL Apache 2.2.4 build (0)  
Hi everyone,

I recently set up Apache on a Windows 2003 Server machine, and it's running just fine. I used the non-SSL installer from the Apache website. Now I need to add SSL. I found an Apache 2.2.4 binary with mod_ssl.so, downloaded it, and extracted mod_ssl.so to my modules directory, but when I uncomment the LoadModule line that governs mod_ssl.so it says it can't find the file.

Can I add SSL to this non-SSL build, or do I have to uninstall and re-install with SSL enabled initially? I already have a website being served, and I'd rather not have to fidget with it.

Note: the date modified between mod_ssl.so and the other .so files is several days different, if it matters.

[Last edited by DiMono at 03-16-2007 06:06 PM : added email notification]
03-16-2007 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
IP: Logged
icon Re: I need to add SSL to a non-SSL Apache 2.2.4 build (0)  
DiMono wrote:
Can I add SSL to this non-SSL build, or do I have to uninstall and re-install with SSL enabled initially? I already have a website being served, and I'd rather not have to fidget with it.
Well, we're talking about Apache here, so it's rather easy to back up all required files before doing anything.

Then, all you should have to do is install the SSL version over the non-SSL one, just like you would do to upgrade to a newer version of Apache. That shouldn't disturb any of your configuration - at least in theory, hence the backup...

np: Trinkwasser - Inferno (Leichtes Hören Teil 1)

03-16-2007 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : I need to add SSL to a non-SSL Apache 2.2.4 build (A thread for the apache gurus on the site)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com