Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD Macro utility (A simple program)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
IP: Logged

File: Macro.rar (1.8 MB)
Downloaded 249 times.
License: Public Domain
icon DROD Macro utility (+1)  
Hey.

I made this program since I always get frustrated at reapetedly pressing keystrokes that can't be simply done with CTRL + Key, for example:

Up Down Right, Up Down Right, Up Down Right......

It basically stores a small series of DROD commands (up to 32000 at once), and when you press a hotkey ingame, by default "E", it executes it.
I made it with GameMaker version 6.1, and it requires at least Directx 9.0 and Windows 2000 or higher (not sure about 98), except Vista.

Further info how to use is located in the README.txt file.
Note: the defualt settings already contained within macro.ini is for a german QWERTZ keyboard. For different keyboards be sure to run keyset.exe first.

-Insane

[Last edited by Insane at 03-12-2007 08:45 PM : Updated to ten keystroke limit]
03-11-2007 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
halyavin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
icon Re: DROD Macro utility (0)  
I'am not sure that distributing such program is legal. Because now everyone can easily play computer-made demos and no one distinguish them from normal demos because one can say that one uses your program for typing normal demo. Also it (with diamond's getdemo.exe program) is good replacement for unlimited undo.
That's why I'am not distribute diamond's program that does the similar thing (his program is an external DLL though).

03-12-2007 at 06:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: DROD Macro utility (+1)  
halyavin wrote:
I'am not sure that distributing such program is ethical.

fixed. of course it's legal.

as, in fact, is patching DROD to allow unlimited undo and macros and such -- it's open source. it's just not a good example of fair play the way the authors intend.

on the other hand, if the authors were to put in a 2-3 move macro feature into the program, it might discourage people from making add on macro utilities with "effectively just like unlimited undo" limits.

[Last edited by silver at 03-12-2007 06:45 AM]
03-12-2007 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
I might consider adding a maximum of 10 moves.

Why was CTRL + Button added into the game then?
You could just as well keep pressing the buttons..

-Insane
03-12-2007 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Am I the only one who finds halyavin's angst and confusion just a bit mildly ironic given his history?

Caravel Games isn't too fond of binary mods because of all the hassle with future support, though. That isn't legal or even ethical, but downright practical to cut down on the "hey, why DROD ain't working no more, you suck" factor.

I'd expect interested parties to already have their own macro recording utility, or to be able to produce one with ease. I know I've looked into the business for my "blast it, no custom floors" program; I'm pretty sure I can easily record my DROD moves through an external program. I haven't cared to do that yet, cuz I'm so lazy.

Somehow, I'm reminded of that "it's pointless to seek technical solutions for social problems" lem.

(Disclaimer: mine opinion alone, does not reflect what CaravelGames or Eris think of the whole business, does not pretend to be the Truth, no warranty of fitness or suitability, 3/2=1 and all that.)
03-12-2007 at 07:12 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I think a macro option of ten moves would be cool, and quite useful :)

Oh, and just ignore all that was said about a DROD solver, Insane. On this forum there is exactly one person that pretends to be afraid that a DROD solver might be used to cheat effectivly, and destroy peoples fun. It's halyvan, and I suspect that the main reason that he brings it up in a lot of posts is a vierd form of boasting, since he has produced some kind of DROD solver.
03-12-2007 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Ok, I updated it to the Limited Version of Maximum ten keystrokes.

I hereby COMMAND everybody with the original version to immediately delete it, or face the WRATH OF MY LAWYER.

-Insane
03-12-2007 at 08:46 PM
halyavin
Blondbeard wrote:
I think a macro option of ten moves would be cool, and quite useful :)

Oh, and just ignore all that was said about a DROD solver, Insane. On this forum there is exactly one person that pretends to be afraid that a DROD solver might be used to cheat effectivly, and destroy peoples fun. It's halyvan, and I suspect that the main reason that he brings it up in a lot of posts is a vierd form of boasting, since he has produced some kind of DROD solver.
There was no term "DROD solver" in my post O:- . A computer-made demo can be either a DROD solver one or a sniped one. Also I can imagine program that removes wall bumpings and wait moves that do not change room state from sniped (or your own) demos.

PS Programming is just more interesting than DROD for me. That's why I have far less thoughts about others topics and rarely post about them.
03-13-2007 at 08:11 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
halyavin wrote:
There was no term "DROD solver" in my post O:- . A computer-made demo can be either a DROD solver one or a sniped one.
What on earth are you talking about. A 'sniped' demo is defiantly made by a human.
Also I can imagine program that removes wall bumpings and wait moves that do not change room state from sniped (or your own) demos.
So can I, it's called DROD 3.0 :P
03-13-2007 at 08:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
halyavin
NiroZ wrote:
A 'sniped' demo is defiantly made by a human.
Yes, a sniped demos is made by a human... originally. You can easily copy downloaded demo using the getdemo.exe program. The resulting chain of characters is made by computer. The sentence that it is made by human is also true though :D .
03-13-2007 at 08:34 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
halyavin wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
A 'sniped' demo is defiantly made by a human.
Yes, a sniped demos is made by a human... originally. You can easily copy downloaded demo using the getdemo.exe program. The resulting chain of characters is made by computer. The sentence that it is made by human is also true though :D .
hmph. What you are actually referring too is a Number 1 tie. A sniped demo improves on the original demo by removing trivial mistakes.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 03-13-2007 08:43 AM]
03-13-2007 at 08:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Hmm.. I didn't want to post this for fear of getting modded down,
but I made myself a small unlimited version that can save and load "macros",
and I even made a little test demo for Easy or Hard, Once east. Works perfectly, highspeed.
Not that I'm going to use it................................. am I?

-Insane

EDIT: Note, the numbers in now way have anything to do with the numbers on the keyboard, and a/b is only used for 10/11.

[Last edited by Insane at 03-13-2007 05:54 PM]
03-13-2007 at 05:48 PM
halyavin
I have unlimited version of diamond's utility :look . So I think it is ok to leave unlimited version for yourself. But I advise do not upload to CaravelNet such highspeed demos because they would be direct evidence.
03-14-2007 at 09:22 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD Macro utility (A simple program)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com