Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : My italian drod review
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon My italian drod review (0)  
I made a really positive (and true) review on Jtrh. But it's in italian. Look at it here : http://www.clickitaliansoftware.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=16

02-24-2007 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: My italian drod review (0)  
vittro wrote:
I made a really positive (and true) review on Jtrh. But it's in italian. Look at it here : http://www.clickitaliansoftware.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=16
considering that you're the author of the review, you couldn't give us the main points of it in english could you?
02-24-2007 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kzc
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
icon Re: My italian drod review (+1)  
Google Translate seems to get the gist of it:

D.R.O.D. : Journey to Rooted Hold (from hour in then JTRH), is a game that arrange puzzle, logic and action. At the beginnig, it could seem stupid, simple, but, I assure to you then, that after there will be more and more difficult levels, and, with the editor integrated, not us tired never. We begin to recensire seriously: Gameplay: The gameplay of JTRH he is equal to that one of its predecessori. Based to turns, Beethro (the protagonist), will be able to move in 8 directions for turn. The enemies, every turn muoveranno at the same time to he. The gameplay grill is structured on one. The greater part of the elements is 1x1, but Beethro is 2x1, because it appeals a sword (Really Big Sword TM) that every turn in hour and counter-clockwise sense will be able to be turned. In order to kill the monster, enough to hit them with the sword. The monster has different TO I, some much simple, that they go to crash against Beethro (useless when 2, 1 are monster, but in group much effective), or others, the much complicated like that one of the Slayer (our antagonist, than with its uncino, it will try to trafiggere Beethro. The Slayer could not nearly never be victim of a murder, because its TO is so intelligent who Beethro will not succeed to approach itself without to die. ) or even medium, like the goblin, that they react to the spin of the sword. Hold (the Set of levels) is structured in several levels that to they time are structured in rooms. Every room will have to be cleaned up from Beethro, before that the blue door is opened (final Door). In order to change from a level to the other, they will be used of the scales. But it is not all, because, the job of Beethro, to kill that annoying monster, will be blocked from various puzzles and strange elements. As an example, the doors and orb (Interrupting) that they even set in action the several doors or the trapdoors, cases that will become obstacles when Beethro will pass to us over. But it is not ended here. Thanks to the DRODSCRIPT, we could make to speak the personages, and create TO the personalized ones, than they will be able to help us in the course of our levels or it are to us enemy. Diagram: The diagram, obviously 2D, is much inherent one to the style, with some beautiful effects much, like the spin of the sword, or particles of murdered blood of the monster. The game has comprised 3 styles, that they contain 3 various various graphical styles and 3 set of musics. The diagram can also be personalized with of the mod, Sounds and Music: Second music me is an essential part of this game. It can be personalized, but that one originates them is much beautiful one, and changes of situation in situation. (Puzzle, much monster, etc…) the sounds very are made, above all, because, in the course of the game, Beethro and all the personages they will speak, they will have you debate yourself and strange facts of the history will be discovered. Longevity: JTRH is an only game in its longevity. In the hold it originates them are very 25 levels, that they correspond to approximately 700 rooms. (Thoughts, I am blocked to the 8) But, in its community online, CaravelNet, are more than 200 hold personalize to you and some also originate them (Between which mine. ). Internet: JTRH does not have the multiplayer, but as I said before, CaravelNet is one large community, with forum and situated inherent to DROD. The hold it personalizes to you can be unloaded directly from the game, or from the situated one. Every year at least 50 hold they come ended and publishes to you. Final judgment: Diagram 8/10 = Many beautiful and inherent to several the styles Sounds and 9/10 Music = Pleasant and exciting 10/10 Gameplay = Task that this game is only in its kind. Longevity 9/10 = With the 25 levels originates them + those personalizes this game to you is without aim.

Interestingly, the translator misspells "beginning".
02-25-2007 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Heh, gameplay grill.

02-25-2007 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
It's google. It was gameplay GRID.

02-25-2007 at 11:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
vittro wrote:
It's google. It was gameplay GRID.
Well, there are griddy grills out there alright. So I guess Google had a 50:50 chance at getting it right and lost... :lol

np: Autechre - Pencha (Cichlisuite)

02-25-2007 at 11:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : My italian drod review
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com