Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (round 2x2 tar)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Racine
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
Please what can I do to avoid ending up with a 2 x 2 round blue tar in the upper room every time.
Another thing I need help with: Every time I go to the help section I always get this message: "Room Image not available". Is it because I am using a mac ...?
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
02-18-2007 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (+2)  
First about room images... I use a Mac also and can see the images fine as long as these things check out:

1) You need to be have a CaravelNet membership. You do, so that's not the issue.

2) You need to be logged in when you check the Hints board.

3) Your progress needs to be uploaded to CaravelNet. For that to happen you need to be connected to CaravelNet. Check the icon in the upper right corner of the main menu. If it's green, you're connected. If it's greyed out or red, you're not connected. Go to "Change Settings" and make sure the "Connect to CaravelNet box" is clicked. If not, check that box and click okay. You may need to quit DROD and re-launch it. If it is checked, then you may need a new key. This topic walks you through that.

4) You need to have visited a room to see its image. A room won't register as "visited" until you either: exit the room; quit DROD; or (if you don't want to do either of these things -- hit "ESC" from the room you are in, choose "Main Menu", click "Change Settings", then click "Upload My Scores." Now you should see the room images on the Hints board.

Whew.
----------

As to a specific hint for this room: I'm assuming you're okay with mimic placement and the tar in the lower right room.
Click here to view the secret text

Once you have your second mimic placed, it's really just tar cutting management. Take your time planning your moves. Don't worry too much about killing the babies as you go... you can take care of them later. Just don't end up with any 2x4 sections or you're sunk. If you really need a demo, let me know and I can send you one.

For some tips on tar cutting you could check this thread out.

[Last edited by noma at 02-18-2007 06:37 AM]
02-18-2007 at 05:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Racine
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
noma wrote:
First about room images... I use a Mac also and can see the images fine as long as these things check out:

1) You need to be have a CaravelNet membership. You do, so that's not the issue.

3) Your progress needs to be uploaded to CaravelNet. For that to happen you need to be connected to CaravelNet. Check the icon in the upper right corner of the main menu. If it's green, you're connected. If it's greyed out or red, you're not connected. Go to "Change Settings" and make sure the "Connect to CaravelNet box" is clicked. If not, check that box and click okay. You may need to quit DROD and re-launch it. If it is checked, then you may need a new key. This topic walks you through that.

4) You need to have visited a room to see its image. A room won't register as "visited" until you either: exit the room; quit DROD; or (if you don't want to do either of these things -- hit "ESC" from the room you are in, choose "Main Menu", click "Change Settings", then click "Upload My Scores." Now you should see the room images on the Hints board.

Whew.
----------

As to a specific hint for this room: I'm assuming you're okay with mimic placement and the tar in the lower right room. At this point, it's really just tar cutting management. Once you've placed your mimic, take your time planning your moves. Don't worry too much about killing the babies as you go... you can take care of them later. Just don't end up with any 2x4 sections or you're sunk. If you really need a demo, let me know and I can send you one.

02-18-2007 at 06:36 AM
Racine
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (+1)  
noma wrote:

Whew.
----------

As to a specific hint for this room: I'm assuming you're okay with mimic placement and the tar in the lower right room.
Click here to view the secret text

Once you have your second mimic placed, it's really just tar cutting management. Take your time planning your moves. Don't worry too much about killing the babies as you go... you can take care of them later. Just don't end up with any 2x4 sections or you're sunk. If you really need a demo, let me know and I can send you one.

Thank you for the tips. For the first time I can see the room images. I did exactly what you suggested.

I have the mimics at the right places. I will try to manage better the tar cutting.
Once again Thank you for your help

02-18-2007 at 06:50 AM
noma
Glad to help.

Just a thought. You might want to delete your first reply to my post as it contains only my quoted post (and the un-edited one at that.) It just needlessly lengthens this thread.

In case you don't know how to delete a post, just click the "Edit/Delete" link in the bottom right. Then click the "Delete Message" box on the page that pops up. Then click the "Edit Message" at the bottom of the page. I'll delete this post once you've done that.

[Last edited by noma at 02-20-2007 04:59 AM : hmm.. still hasn't deleted double post... so do I leave this here? Why not? I'll check back in a couple o'months.]
02-18-2007 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
noma wrote:
Actually, just hitting F6 to go to the demo screen and make the game request the high scores for this room (even though you'll only get a "This room must first be conquered.") should fix it. That's even faster than a score upload... ;)

np: Styrofoam - Safe + Broken (Pukkelpop Festival 08-05, Kiewit BE) (Live)

02-18-2007 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (0)  
Briareos wrote:
Actually, just hitting F6 to go to the demo screen and make the game request the high scores for this room (even though you'll only get a "This room must first be conquered.") should fix it. That's even faster than a score upload... ;)
I love learning new things, especially things that save me time. Thanks!
02-18-2007 at 04:41 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-Third Level : 2 North, 2 West (round 2x2 tar)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com