Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Flibbit's Flourish : Regal Associations : 1 North, 3 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Flibbit's Flourish : Regal Associations : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
I just can't get past the entrance to the room on the left. I can only manage to smite one or two of the roachlings before they hatch and then must retreat back to the hallway.

Would someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.
02-17-2007 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Flibbit's Flourish : Regal Associations : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
noma wrote:
Click here to view the secret text

np: Styrofoam - If I Believed You/Back Into Focus (I'm What's There To Show That Something's Missing)

[Last edited by Briareos at 02-17-2007 07:47 PM]
02-17-2007 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Thanks Briareos. Room complete.
02-17-2007 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
noma wrote:
Thanks Briareos. Room complete.
I'm glad you made it... :)

np: The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (Give Up)

02-17-2007 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121

File: FF Regal Associations 1N3E.demo (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
Briareos wrote:
noma wrote:

np: Styrofoam - If I Believed You/Back Into Focus (I'm What's There To Show That Something's Missing)
I've been doing this room over and over, both by myself and using these hints, and in my case there's no retreat. I've tried starting each spawn with the two possible sword directions, starting on the left, starting on the right . . . . and there's no hope. I've attached a demo of my typical experience - how can I get past this frustrating room?

Thanks -
03-13-2007 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Parse
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
Yeah, this room is a doozy.
When I did this, I used this post as well.

Things that may (or may not) help you:
The cycle before I killed the first roach, because of existing roaches in spawning positions, only 26 roaches spawned - one position on each size was already occupied.
I made sure that on the cycle before I charged in to swing to the north on even turns (ie, on turn 30, there was a roach directly north of me).
If you don't kill a roach each move in the cycle before, you will get eaten if you try charging - you need four steps to get into the roach queen and get back to safety, and you have a total of thirty turns to act (each cycle). Burning a move with an unproductive turn or step will ruin that cycle for your effort.

Best of luck!
03-14-2007 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
Parse wrote:
Yeah, this room is a doozy.
When I did this, I used this post as well.

Things that may (or may not) help you:
The cycle before I killed the first roach, because of existing roaches in spawning positions, only 26 roaches spawned - one position on each size was already occupied.
Check.

I made sure that on the cycle before I charged in to swing to the north on even turns (ie, on turn 30, there was a roach directly north of me).
Check.
If you don't kill a roach each move in the cycle before, you will get eaten if you try charging - you need four steps to get into the roach queen and get back to safety, and you have a total of thirty turns to act (each cycle). Burning a move with an unproductive turn or step will ruin that cycle for your effort.

Best of luck!
And "check" on this too. Unless I'm misinterpreting completely, I'm doing exactly this . . . and I'm still one move short. (If I get the sword one swing out of phase, I'm two moves short.) I'm baffled . . .

[Edit: Made it, but by doing something other than what previous hints suggested. Go figure.]

[Last edited by key-smiter at 03-14-2007 10:59 AM]
03-14-2007 at 10:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Flibbit's Flourish : Regal Associations : 1 North, 3 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com