Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Cave : All Things Long : 1 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Elfstone
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1285
IP: Logged
icon Cave : All Things Long : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
(I loathe being the first to ask for help - I feel very stupid - but there's nothing else for it) :(

I can clear all the roaches and queens, but I've never been anything less than 10 moves short, which makes me think I'm not seeing something (probably obvious to everyone else).

Can some kind person put me out of my misery? :~(

Elfstone.

02-07-2007 at 05:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
icon Re: Cave : All Things Long : 1 North, 1 West (0)  
Oh well (feeling even 'stupider'!) n the best tradition of this board I completed the room right after posting the above. :~(

02-07-2007 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (being the sound of me tearing my hair out!!) :w00t

I can't exit! I can't get back through 1N and I can't see any other way of getting to 1E to where the blue door is/was. I'm going round in circles!!!!

02-07-2007 at 05:37 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Elfstone wrote:
I can't exit! I can't get back through 1N and I can't see any other way of getting to 1E to where the blue door is/was. I'm going round in circles!!!!
On your way back through 1N, you need to hit the one orb right next to the NE entrance then run around the room counterclockwise until you get to the fuse's end.

np: Lamb - Fly (Fear of Fours)

02-07-2007 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone

File: 1N (98.2 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Public Domain
Briareos wrote:
On your way back through 1N, you need to hit the one orb right next to the NE entrance then run around the room counterclockwise until you get to the fuse's end.

Thanks Briareos, but I can't get through the room; that's the point. Cicking the NE orb seems to be irrelevant.

I don't know how to insert a room image so I have had to make a file. The NE orb closes the 4 gates at the green 'X'. The problem is that the 3 gates circled in red are closed and can't be opened. What am I not seeing????

02-07-2007 at 08:09 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Elfstone wrote:
Briareos wrote:

Thanks Briareos, but I can't get through the room; that's the point. Cicking the NE orb seems to be irrelevant.

I don't know how to insert a room image so I have had to make a file. The NE orb closes the 4 gates at the green 'X'. The problem is that the 3 gates circled in red are closed and can't be opened. What am I not seeing????

Hi Elfstone --

What you're not seeing isn't there in your picture. There is supposed to be a second orb further east from the one you appear to be talking about -- I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your image. (It does show up in the room image selectable from H&S, though.)

Is it possible that the hold you're playing is not the official one downloaded from CaravelNet but rather an earlier version from the Architecture board?

Josh

02-07-2007 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
jbluestein wrote:Hi Elfstone --

What you're not seeing isn't there in your picture. There is supposed to be a second orb further east from the one you appear to be talking about -- I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your image. (It does show up in the room image selectable from H&S, though.)

Is it possible that the hold you're playing is not the official one downloaded from CaravelNet but rather an earlier version from the Architecture board?

Josh

Ah Josh! You've just saved my sanity!!
Well, a missing orb would explain a lot and yes, I think I did download this from Architecture. If I download the (presumably corrected) version from the Holds list, will I have to work the complete Hold again?

02-07-2007 at 08:26 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Elfstone wrote:
Ah Josh! You've just saved my sanity!!
Well, a missing orb would explain a lot and yes, I think I did download this from Architecture. If I download the (presumably corrected) version from the Holds list, will I have to work the complete Hold again?

You shouldn't have to, no. It's possible that some of your demos won't work in the new version, which would mean you'd need to replay some rooms if you cared about scores, but I actually think that the differences between the version you have and the official version are fairly minor (assuming your download is not from too long ago).

But your progress should be saved in any case.

Josh

02-07-2007 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Thanks again. It worked. :thumbsup

02-07-2007 at 08:49 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Elfstone wrote:
Thanks again. It worked. :thumbsup
D'oh.

Of course, with my Hold Administrator hat on I only saw the final incarnation of that room... that explains things... :blush

Oh well, I'm glad that you seem to have got it sorted out.

np: Lamb - Wonder (Lento Mix 1) (Remixed (Disc 1))

02-07-2007 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
:)

02-07-2007 at 09:47 PM
Johno758
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Any chance of a demo on this one? I'm still fighting roaches with at least 5 mothers when the door closes.
If not a demo, then a hint as to where to go once I've killed the roaches in the passage next to the save point
02-08-2007 at 09:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
There are two ways to solve this room.

One:

Click here to view the secret text

Two:

Click here to view the secret text

02-08-2007 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Johno758
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Thanks for the hints. I had noticed the 2nd hint just before I read this post (as usual)
02-08-2007 at 01:15 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Cave : All Things Long : 1 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com