Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Intergalactic Civilization (A game in the making)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
IP: Logged
icon Intergalactic Civilization (+1)  
My friend is making a new game. Its still in the making, so don't expect much of it. It's called Intergalactic Civilization (commonly shortened to Ingalciv). You play one of many races and solve dilemmas. Its kinda hard to understand at first, but you'll get it after a while. But please, the game is still under construction, so don't expect much. Please post some comments on his forums, or just give it a visit. Give this new game a fighting chance, one day, it'll pull through. Anyway, its written in LOGO, so you need a program that can run MSWLogo files. Preferably MSWLogo (google it, you might be able to find it). So try it out!

Download it: http://www.freewebs.com/ingalciv
Check out the forums: http://www.freepowerboards.com/jftsang

Keep posting,

01-29-2007 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
icon Re: Intergalactic Civilization (0)  
Sorry to bump this thread, but has anybody checked this out yet?

Keep posting,

02-04-2007 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
I downloaded the game and MSWLogo but I can't figure out how to play the game. When I open Ingalciv.lgo, I can enter my name and chose my species. Then what?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
02-05-2007 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Sorry. Me and jftsang (creator of the game) are trying to get the code fixed up. I believe Humans is the only one that works in the current version, Jftsang is still trying to think of some new dilemmas. Raddicalrabbit (graphics department) is taking a long time on the Graphics of the game, but they should be ready soon. I just need to study LOGO for a few months and get a look at the code before I can do anything though.

But anyway, after you game.start, you can choose your name/species (Humans) and a dilemma should appear for you. Then, I'm not entirely sure about this, but you can read the readme file and see what commands work, such as Build, or Attack. The game is still very buggy, and just was to give you a main view of what the game would be like. Try dropping by our forums and ask jftsang for some professional information. Thanks!

Keep posting,

02-06-2007 at 01:46 AM
jftsang
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13

File: Ingalciv.zip (3 MB)
Downloaded 37 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Intergalactic Civilization (+2)  
Hello,

Searching through Google for pages that come to my site, I stumbled upon this.

I am jftsang (as you probably will have gathered), the creator of ingalciv, together with my good friend raddicalrabbit.

Try the game out, please consider joining the project.

The game file is attached herewith this message. It should support more species now. All of the species should work except from the last two, whose names have slipped my mind.

But try out the game. If you find any bugs, you can debug them yourself (bad idea) or report it to me.

In future, keep discussions away from this board, put it on the ingalciv forums.

02-12-2007 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
icon Re: Intergalactic Civilization (+1)  
Welcome to CaravelNet, jftsang! While you're here, I suggest you play a bit of DROD. I'm sure you'll find it very addicting, and inspire you to learn C++! Oh yeah, for the download of DROD, go here and select DROD: Journey to the Rooted Hold Demo. We'd love to see you around here a lot!

Keep posting,

02-13-2007 at 08:19 PM
jftsang
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Intergalactic Civilization (+1)  
The new website is at http://www.logogames.org.

If you are programming in LOGO, you may be interested in FMSLogo, which is the newer edition of MSWLogo. The help system is actually complete, and also some functions in AC are available only to FMS. It can be downloaded at http://fmslogo.sourceforge.net.

On LogoGames I've thrown in a few other games as well, check them out. AC1.0b will be up tomorrow.

Edit: AC1.0c is now up and running, and AC1.1a is well on its way.

[Last edited by jftsang at 03-31-2007 11:10 AM : Updates]
03-21-2007 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
Have you considered posting about your game on the old usenet newsgroup comp.lang.logo? The people there are the people who would most be interested in this.

Google has access to usenet as part of Google Groups if you have no other way to access usenet.

"Until it ends, there is no end."
03-22-2007 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Intergalactic Civilization (A game in the making)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com