Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Underground Civilisation : The Deeper Tunnel : 4 North 1 West [secret room]
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
iamyum
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
IP: Logged
icon The Underground Civilisation : The Deeper Tunnel : 4 North 1 West [secret room] (0)  
My CaravelNet expired, but I have need help with a secret room, so I had to click a random room and change the subject line. Anyways, I can clean the goblin+queen room efficiently enough, but I have a lot of trouble with the tar room. The best I've managed is to kill one of the 4 mothers when the door closed. I think I might even need to time the exact turn I step on the fuse. Yet no time saving tricks can come to mind. A few pushes are really appreciated~
01-27-2007 at 05:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: The Underground Civilisation : The Deeper Tunnel : 4 North 1 West [secret room] (0)  
One way to do it is to be really effective in the begining. The clock says 21 moves before spawntime when I step on the checkpoint below the first door with my sword pointing SW. (with all goblins and roachqueens killed). If you can manage to be this effective, you should be able to reach the mothers with several moves to spare. (Maybe eight or ten).

Otherwise I know that it isn't necesarrily better to step on the fuse too early. If you are rightly timed you can strike the upper part of the tarblob by the arrows right when it's going to grow.
01-27-2007 at 08:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
iamyum
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
icon Re: The Underground Civilisation : The Deeper Tunnel : 4 North 1 West [secret room] (0)  
Oh..... I've finally made it. I was still struggling after optmizing the first part up to your standard but still failed. The trick I missed was
Click here to view the secret text

01-28-2007 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
Yes. This room is tough, but that's why I like it :D
01-28-2007 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Underground Civilisation : The Deeper Tunnel : 4 North 1 West [secret room]
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com