Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : 3 South 1 West (How do I do it?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mikonos
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon 3 South 1 West (0)  
I´ve been trying to solve this room but to no avail. Can I get any assistance? How do I beat all those roaches?

01-24-2007 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pneh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
icon Re: 3 South 1 West (+1)  
You should post this in Hints and Solutions, however, i dont know what hold you mean so I can't help you.

Den du David!

[Last edited by Pneh at 01-24-2007 03:50 PM]
01-24-2007 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: 3 South 1 West (0)  
Or which level, for that matter

01-24-2007 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: 3 South 1 West (+1)  
milkonos, sei wilkommen im DROD Forum!

Die Leute hier sind besondern hilfreich. Wenn sie eine problem haben, wirde sie immer zeit helfen plötzlich (schnell?). Welches Spiel spielen sie? - King Dugan's Dungeon? Journey to Rooted Hold? - es macht nicht's: man geht here! und tickt (click ) auf "Get Help for a Room". Darein kann man lesen manche Vorschlagen für viele, viele Zimmern. Glück!!

Elfstone.
:)

01-24-2007 at 05:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Ich haette keine Idee, dass Sie Deutsch gesprochen haben, Elfstone. Toll!

01-24-2007 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Elfstone wrote:
milkonos, sei wilkommen im DROD Forum!
[...]
Elfstone.
:)
Well, this definitely is... something. But "to click" still is "klicken" in German, among other things. Oh, and "here" is written "hier"... ;)

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist to comment as a native German speaker... I hope you don't mind too much... :D)

Well, more proof that figures of speech don't neccessarily work well when translated literally... ;)

("I would have no idea that you have spoken German, Elfstone. Great!")

Okay, I'll stop now... :lol

np: Jah Wobble - I Offer You Everything (I Could Have Been A Contender (Disc 1))

[Last edited by Briareos at 01-24-2007 07:42 PM]
01-24-2007 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Entschuldigung. Mein Deutsch ist nicht immer gut, aber ich moechte so viel wie moeglich zu practicieren. (Diese Saetze sind auch ein bisschen schlecht.)

01-24-2007 at 07:47 PM
Elfstone
zex20913 wrote:

Ich habe es in die Schule gelernt, aber das war, ich glaube, 103 jahre vorher (!) und ich habe viele Worte vergessen. :~(

01-24-2007 at 08:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Briareos wrote:
Well, this definitely is... something. But "to click" still is "klicken" in German, among other things. Oh, and "here" is written "hier"... ;)

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist to comment as a native German speaker... I hope you don't mind too much... :D))
- of course I don't! :) in fact I should probably have put an apology to native German speakers as an addendum!

It's donkey's years since I studied German at school, and I was actually quite pleased that I could remember that much. ( I didn't use the Google translator I used sometimes when 'chatting' with Gianluca (Neather2) in Italian.)

So "click" becomes "klicken"? - very pragmatic. When I was at school learning German, computers hadn't been invented, so the Germans would have no use for 'klicken' and 'click' was used of the sound kitten heels were making, first time around :D
(Am I beginning to sound like an History lesson I wonder?)

01-24-2007 at 08:53 PM
Briareos
Elfstone wrote:
in fact I should probably have put an apology to native German speakers as an addendum!
Nah - that kind of disclaimer needs to be reserved for automatic translations... *shudder*

So "click" becomes "klicken"? - very pragmatic. When I was at school learning German, computers hadn't been invented, so the Germans would have no use for 'klicken' and 'click' was used of the sound kitten heels were making, first time around :D
Jeeez - and I thought the computers we had in the "Gymnasium" (*looks it up* probably best called "grammar school"...) were ancient... :D

But as far as loaning words from other languages is concerned - yes, German is getting more and more plastered with those; but often the words don't even mean the same thing...

"Handy" would be a good example, which is the usual term for cell phones. And what we call a "Beamer" is what you call a projector - not thinking of this difference is sure to elicit a few funny responses, I'd think... ;)

(There's actually quite a few people trying to counter German turning into "Denglisch" ("D" as in "Deutsch"), but to be honest most of their suggested replacements for loaned English words are even weirder than these... :rolleyes)

(Am I beginning to sound like an History lesson I wonder?)
If so, it sure is a lot more interesting than most history lessons I had at school - do go on... :D

zex20913 wrote:
Entschuldigung. Mein Deutsch ist nicht immer gut, aber ich moechte so viel wie moeglich zu practicieren. (Diese Saetze sind auch ein bisschen schlecht.)
Nicht doch - ihr solltet mal alle meine englische Aussprache hören... -_-

(In other words - no training does no wonders for my pronounciation...)

np: Jah Wobble & The Invaders Of The Heart - Banks Of The Sweet Primrose (English Roots Music)
(Love that song, and what else is on that album... very much recommended...)

[Last edited by Briareos at 01-24-2007 10:13 PM]
01-24-2007 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Briareos wrote:
No, thanks. ;) I've got some German friends who can speak 'Englisch' very well. (You know, something like English but with a very heavy German accent... ;) )

[Last edited by Tim at 01-24-2007 10:47 PM]
01-24-2007 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Tim wrote:
Briareos wrote:
No, thanks. ;) I've got some German friends who can speak 'Englisch' very well. (You know, something like English but with a very heavy German accent... ;) )
Hey, it's not *that* bad. The biggest problem I have is that I have to pause regularly to look, errr, think for a word that I just can't remember - smack in the middle of conversation. Not that much of a problem when posting in a forum, though. :lol

At least I know how to pronounce a "th" properly, unlike some other people... (Anthony Rother, I'm meaning *you*!)

Don't believe me? My Grand Audition 2 posts are still there... :P

np: Jah Wobble & Bill Laswell - Virus B (Radioaxiom)

[Last edited by Briareos at 01-24-2007 11:13 PM]
01-24-2007 at 11:11 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Briareos wrote:
Don't believe me? My Grand Audition 2 posts are still there... :P
Hmmmm... Yes, you do have a German Akzent. ;)

[Last edited by Tim at 01-25-2007 09:17 AM]
01-24-2007 at 11:44 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I am always amused by the Europeans that complain that English is invading their language. English has been invaded by other languages so often that now it freely steals words from other languages - much of English is derived from French and German, after all. There's been a couple of words that have entered into English from German recently - uber and schadenfreude are a couple I can think of off-hand, but I'm sure there's a few more.

01-25-2007 at 12:34 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: 3 South 1 West (+3)  
At least mostly on topic: The only 3S1W from KDD are Level 3 and Level 8. The only 3S1W in JtRH is The Dreamplane. Considering the question was asking about "all those roaches", it seems likely that it is KDD, Level 3.

Assuming that is the case, there are many topics available discussing that particular room; it seems many others have had trouble with it as well.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 01-25-2007 01:24 AM]
01-25-2007 at 01:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : 3 South 1 West (How do I do it?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com