Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Password security
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Password security (0)  
Has there been a change to the password rules since I registered? I have had the same password since day one and have been logged in since then. When I tried to send Erik an email this morning I got the following error....

"Your password needs to have between 6 and 15 characters. It needs at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit."

While this is a perfectly valid check to make, I would rather it was during logon, or a PM to be sent to everyone whose password doesn't comply. Or maybe a general announcement in the newsletter that the rules are there for our security, asking people to change their passwords.

At the minute I can post and send PM's with no problems, so could this check be removed from the email link (or added to posting and PM's as well)? I'm guessing that there are probably a lot of people who will have the same problem and not know it.

I tested again by trying to send an email to Schik, but got the same error.

Steve. (off to change my password now)
01-12-2007 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Password security (0)  
Well seeing that is the exact same thing when I registered, I guess they changed the password rule when they implemented Caravelnet, for obvious reasons. Why it is giving you that message now when you try to email is rather odd, however.

Also, I don't think that PMing all the users in the database who don't comply with the password regulations is a good idea. Notifying people after they log in is probably more convenient and less obtrusive.
01-12-2007 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Password security (0)  
Stephen4Louise wrote:
Has there been a change to the password rules since I registered? I have had the same password since day one and have been logged in since then. When I tried to send Erik an email this morning I got the following error....

"Your password needs to have between 6 and 15 characters. It needs at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit."

While this is a perfectly valid check to make, I would rather it was during logon, or a PM to be sent to everyone whose password doesn't comply. Or maybe a general announcement in the newsletter that the rules are there for our security, asking people to change their passwords.

At the minute I can post and send PM's with no problems, so could this check be removed from the email link (or added to posting and PM's as well)? I'm guessing that there are probably a lot of people who will have the same problem and not know it.

I tested again by trying to send an email to Schik, but got the same error.

Steve. (off to change my password now)
This was a bug briefly when trying to post. I think it got fixed up in most places, but not, it seems, for sending emails.
01-12-2007 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Password security
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No