Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Enter the Mountain King (SubTerra's nemesis)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant!
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
IP: Logged

File: Mountainking.zip (3.2 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Other
icon Enter the Mountain King (0)  
Here's something fun for aspiring level designers...

SubTerra II was intended to have a nemesis enemy, called the Mountain King, that could be scripted to make life difficult for the poor player. Thus he could react to what the player was doing, and move accordingly depending on where the player goes, grab the gems first, tactically close doors, or just chase the poor guy around.

This feature was dropped basically because of time constraints on my side. While the code is still there, I never got around to making a dozen or so Mountain King levels (I did receive one by e-mail, which I've saved for a future expansion set).

Creative level designers may want to take a look at this. Some tutorial on how the King works is attached here; the code is available in SubTerra by pressing control-F5 in the editor. This could make for some really interesting (and challenging) levels....
01-08-2007 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Enter the Mountain King (0)  
Radiant! wrote:
Creative level designers may want to take a look at this. Some tutorial on how the King works is attached here; the code is available in SubTerra by pressing control-F5 in the editor. This could make for some really interesting (and challenging) levels....

Not working. Control-F5 does zip zilch nada.
01-08-2007 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
coppro wrote:
Radiant! wrote:

Not working. Control-F5 does zip zilch nada.

Really? It worked for me. It's just like in SubTerra I. In the editor, when you click the arrows to scroll through the pages of objects, there is one page not there. You reach that page by holding ctrl and pressing F5. The page should automatically jump to a page called "Ornaments".

01-08-2007 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
I'm using the latest patch. Maybe it's Wine. Radiant!, could you change the shortcut maybe? Please
01-08-2007 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant!
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
That is rather odd. I'll look into it, of course. Maybe you could try some combinations like alt+shift+f5 and see if that gets you anywhere? Also you could open one of the two levels I attached and copy the objects from there, although I admit that's a bit awkward.

01-08-2007 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Enter the Mountain King (SubTerra's nemesis)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com