Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Goblin Talk submission topic (where you can insert your displays of literary talent)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Goblin Talk submission topic (+1)  
Here you can post your contest entry. If you wish to discuss this contest or review the rules, you can go over here.

For those of you who don't wish to read through the entirety of that thread, here are the bits that will really matter to you.

I wrote in the announcement topic

Rules
Your entry must be between 90-1000 words, all of it written in Goblinspeak. What is goblinspeak? It’s the strange dialect of English which goblins in the world of the Eighth(where DROD takes place) use to speak. If you’ve played DROD for a while, I’m sure you’ve come across some examples. Erik wrote a little guide to writing Goblinspeak at the link below:

Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Goblin Dialogue

For this contest, you can write about anything you want. It can be a short story, a speech, a news article, excerpts from a chat log, a witty text advertisement, an essay about how you spend a day talking goblin. The sky is the limit.

Keep it within the rules of this forum. If you’re unsure, feel free to talk to me about it.

Timing
The deadline for you to post your contest entry is…

Local Time:01-21-2006 at 12:00 AM

After that, I will no longer accept submissions, and it will be time for people to vote on entries. Voters will be asked to consider entertainment value of the entry and skill in capturing the Goblinspeak style.

After voting starts, we could also have some fun making recordings of the dialogue if anyone is interested, but this would not be part of the contest.
So what are you waiting for? Post it!!!

[Last edited by NiroZ at 01-02-2007 06:28 AM]
01-02-2007 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Re: Goblin Talk submission topic (0)  
AAnnnd Closed!. All entries from now on will not be accepted.

Poll incoming shortly.
01-21-2007 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Goblin Talk submission topic (where you can insert your displays of literary talent)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com