Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blue Rooms : 3 - Epilogue : 1 West (How to start?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Blue Rooms : 3 - Epilogue : 1 West (0)  
Should be easy, but it's not . . . I understand that I need to get the golems on four of the six non-trapdoor squares, and dispose of them there. Easy to write, hard to do . . . what is the best approach?

Thanks -
12-26-2006 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
igusarov
Rank Points: 116
icon Re: Blue Rooms : 3 - Epilogue : 1 West (0)  
Haven't played this hold, but I think I have an idea to share...

As far as I know golem movement rules, it is impossible to lure the golems to the corners. Thus, you have no other choice but to kill the golems on trapdoors.
Click here to view the secret text

12-26-2006 at 02:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
igusarov wrote:
As far as I know golem movement rules, it is impossible to lure the golems to the corners.
Why? Luring all golems into one corner means just standing next to it. Of course, to keep one golem there, you'd have to drop a few trapdoors first.

12-26-2006 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Briareos wrote:
Luring all golems into one corner means just standing next to it. Of course, to keep one golem there, you'd have to drop a few trapdoors first.
I considered this.
I'd not be surprised to find I'm on the right path, just going about it wrong.
12-27-2006 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Remlin
Rank Points: 181
icon Re: Blue Rooms : 3 - Epilogue : 1 West (+1)  
Don't disregard the suggestion to use the bomb, even if it is possible to trap golems in the corner. Or maybe combine the two ideas - there's ten places total where you can kill a golem, don't restrict yourself.

Specific advice for how to start out:

12-27-2006 at 02:14 AM
key-smiter

File: BR 3 - Epilogue 1W huh.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Public Domain
Thanks for that . . . but I'm still at a loss. I've attached a demo documenting what I think I'm supposed to do, but (as this demo shows) I have no idea what to do next.

Apologies for being so dense -
12-28-2006 at 01:02 AM
Remlin
After you killed the southeast golem and moved south, you got the southwest golem positioned perfectly for a kill - and then you didn't kill it! Why not?

Other general advice is you may want to randomly drop a bunch of trapdoors towards the middle, just to create more places for the remaining golems to get stuck so you can position them where you want.

If all else fails, you can watch Dolan42's demo here to see how to trap golems in the corners. Kill two or three of the golems on the bomb blast spots, and then use the corner trick for whatever's left.
12-28-2006 at 04:54 AM
key-smiter
Remlin wrote:
After you killed the southeast golem and moved south, you got the southwest golem positioned perfectly for a kill - and then you didn't kill it! Why not?
Well . . . It's either out of bomb blast range, or I end up attracting the attention of the northeast golem. To the extent I understand this room, I'd guess both are bad.

Thanks for the demo pointer. If I continue drawing a blank on this room, I may need to cheat that way.
12-28-2006 at 05:55 PM
Remlin
There's nothing wrong with having the northeast golem chasing you. Just drop some trapdoors to get him stuck behind when he does. Clearing out the trapdoors to drop the red gate is going to be easy once the green gate is down (assuming the golems are killed in the right places, of course), so don't worry about making a mess of the trapdoors to get the golems where you want them.
12-28-2006 at 09:18 PM
key-smiter
Thanks for the help. Finally done -
01-03-2007 at 11:46 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Blue Rooms : 3 - Epilogue : 1 West (How to start?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com