Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another issue with connecting to CaravelNet (not like the others...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
IP: Logged
icon Another issue with connecting to CaravelNet (0)  
I have purchased CaravelNet, and it connects fine for my copy of JtRH. However, my copy of KDD refuses to work with my account (I bought the two separately). Is it because only one program can use a code like I think, or is there something else I'm missing?
12-20-2006 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Another issue with connecting to CaravelNet (0)  
You can only use Caravelnet in one program at a time. Every time you switch you need to ask for a new key.

You might want to ask Erik if he can enable the KDD 2.0 hold download for you, and if he will, you can merge the two installations to one.

12-20-2006 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Hm, ok. One other question; can I merge the information from my previous saves on the separate KDD program with my player information in JtRH?
12-20-2006 at 01:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Yes

12-20-2006 at 01:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Another issue with connecting to CaravelNet (+1)  
eytanz wrote:
Yes...
...but, unless you exported your JtRH player and imported it into your KDD 2.0 installation, you won't be able to import your KDD 2.0 *demos* (as opposed to saves, i.e. your progress) into JtRH...

12-20-2006 at 02:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BDR
Hm. This prompts another question: If I *can* merge my save information with my JtRH player file, can I then just use Restore to go to the different areas if I care to make new demos for individual rooms or see what other people have done in individual rooms? -_- I know making new demos for all rooms would be better served by New Game...
12-20-2006 at 07:03 PM
eytanz
Yes, you'll be able to do so. Also, if you make sure to upload your scores from both installations, you can just re-download your old score (assuming it's in the top 25 for the particular room).

12-20-2006 at 07:05 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another issue with connecting to CaravelNet (not like the others...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com