Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : En lätt promenad
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged

File: En ltt promenad.hold (6.3 KB)
Downloaded 76 times.
License: Public Domain
icon En lätt promenad (0)  
Have you ever wondered what a hold made by someone who doesn't play DROD would look like?

This unfinished hold is made by a friend of mine who have ocationally seen me play DROD. It's an AE hold so it might be a good idea to pretend that orbs are impossible to click when you come to a part which is a bit of a riddle :)

Try it out if you're curious. It won't be finished though.
12-15-2006 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: En lätt promenad (0)  
Wow.... not as bad as it sounds.... there are some really nice puzzles here and there (even if they are very simple). If this hold was made with almost zero drod-experience, how will a hold of your friend look when he played Drod a little while? :)
12-24-2006 at 12:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Blondbeard wrote:
It's an AE hold so it might be a good idea to pretend that orbs are impossible to click when you come to a part which is a bit of a riddle :)
...assuming, that is, that you're fluent in Swedish. Otherwise, knock yourself out trying to figure out what "En gul är rätt 13 gula är ratt INTE!" might mean.
12-29-2006 at 02:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: En lätt promenad (+1)  
Tahnan wrote:
...assuming, that is, that you're fluent in Swedish. Otherwise, knock yourself out trying to figure out what "En gul är rätt 13 gula är ratt INTE!" might mean.
Why, it means "One yellow is correct 13 yellow are correct NOT!", of course! (Yes, the grammar in the original is like that too...)

Some other translations (if you don't mind me translating):
Ein: The Entrance, (14,22): "The snakes' population is important to the ecosystem" (this is what it translates to, but I'm guessing it should be "The snake population is important to the ecosystem", that is, "Ormpopulationen är viktig för ekosystemet".)
Ein: 1W, (15,1): "Run"
Ein: 1S1W, (25,23): "I like destroying god's work"
Zwei: 2N, (36,30): "Unnecessarily destructive today?"

...and the obligatory bugreport:
The hold description should be "A few monsters, some easy levels".
Zwei: 2N1E can be done without putting a mimic in the NE chamber with orbs.
The hold is clearly unfinished (Zwei: 3N1E is required and inaccessible, and there's no ending stairs), but it's a good start. Ágætis byrjun.

12-29-2006 at 06:12 AM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
It's a pity he didn't make it anyone edit, I'd have liked to see what was after the trapdoor/force arrow puzzle in level 2, which has me stumped.

In fact, treat this as a plea for help for that room. :D 2N1W, IIRC
12-29-2006 at 05:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Tahnan wrote:
Blondbeard wrote:
It's an AE hold so it might be a good idea to pretend that orbs are impossible to click when you come to a part which is a bit of a riddle :)

Ehhm... That's right. I'm sorry! Thanks to Stefan though, who helped me out :) (and "En lätt promenad" means "An easy stroll")

As for the trapdoor room it's quite hard. I solved it back in the days of AE, but I had to use pen and paper.
12-29-2006 at 11:56 PM
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
A little off-topic, but how do you get the accents to appear? In Outlook Express, Microsoft Word, and Wordpad, all you have to do is use ctrl+' for accent aigu, ctrl+` for accent grave, ctrl+^ for accent circumflex, and so on, but those don't work in the message post thingie.

01-01-2007 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
You can always copy-paste... that's what I do.

01-01-2007 at 02:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Kwakstur wrote:
A little off-topic, but how do you get the accents to appear? In Outlook Express, Microsoft Word, and Wordpad, all you have to do is use ctrl+' for accent aigu, ctrl+` for accent grave, ctrl+^ for accent circumflex, and so on, but those don't work in the message post thingie.
I use the ASCII values. This works in my browser (FF 2.0) on XP. Basically, if you know the ascii value (take a look at this for example) then you can generate the symbol as follows:

I'll use ê as an example. In this case ê is ASCII 136. So when typing your message, hold down ALT (not ALT GR), and type in 136 using the numpad (not the row above the letters). This should produce a ê each time if your browser is compatbile. This feature will also work in many different apps (like MSN for example).

Hope it works for you!

[Last edited by Syntax at 01-01-2007 03:03 PM]
01-01-2007 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : En lätt promenad
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No