Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another Happy Drodder ((Also a redeemed one...))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heimdall
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon Another Happy Drodder (+3)  
Hi to all!

Ok, first think you must know.

Some months ago, I downloaded JtRH from a... "alternative source"... :pirate

I played it, I started enjoy it, I cursed at the wubbas thousands times, I went crazy earing the so-damn-evil™ voice of the Slayer, i conquered rooms that initally looked unbeatable and i danced around my room, I spent days on rooms that initally looked a cakewalk and I went so mad that i nearly throwed away the keyboard, I started reading the forum, I dowloaded some holds and started to make the most beautiful/long/cunning hold of all times... So I saw the light side. I said "Man, this game is awesome, never seen something like this. Those guys are simply GENIUS and MUST be rewarded"

So here I am. With my payed copy of Drod and also a Caravel membership, for good measure.

Now, this regretted and redeemed dark side follower, has some questions for you...

How I can upload my progress and scores?

I'm at level 24th, at the moment, but I skipped the 21st via the secret room in the 20th. I don't payed much attention to the fact that the exit room was a secret one, so I noticed it only when i was on 23th :blink
Can I resume to the 20th and take the normal exit, without losing all the progress I made so far?

Well, that's all, for now.

Thanks to all ;)

12-11-2006 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Another Happy Drodder (+1)  
If you are connected to CaravelNet from in the game (you will know that you are by a green check-mark icon near the top right of the main menu screen), then your demos and scores will automatically be uploaded as you play.

If you are just interested in completing JtRH, it doesn't matter that you skipped level 21 - you can just continue, and when you beat level 25 you'll be done the hold. If you are interested in mastering the hold, however, which involves completing the hold and completing every secret room, then you can restore back to level 20, complete level 21, and then restore back to where you left off (on level 24 or wherever you were). The only thing is you might need to go back to the beginning of whatever room you were on after you complete level 21.

So yes, you can restore to level 20, take the normal exit, and not worry about the progress you've made being lost :)

12-11-2006 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: Another Happy Drodder (0)  
Heimdall wrote:
Hi to all!
Hi, Heimdall! Glad you're loving the game.
How I can upload my progress and scores?
To upload scores for the rooms you've already completed, login to CaravelNet from the Settings screen, and then click the Upload My Scores button on the settings screen. This requires that you have the "Save a victory demo each time I conquer a room" option checked so a conquer demo was recorded for each room you've played before. If you didn't, then you won't have scores uploaded for those rooms, but you will still get credit that you have beaten them (and can download the best solutions for each room from the Demos Screen in-game, and so on). Once you have enabled "save room conquer demos", you may replay rooms at any time (by restoring to the start of that room and beating it) to have a victory score uploaded.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-11-2006 06:22 PM]
12-11-2006 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Another Happy Drodder (0)  
Heimdall wrote probably one of the most honest and perspicuous first posts I have ever read:
He really did (see above)
Welcome onboard! I am utterly unafiliated in any unbiased ways yet spend untold units of universally understandable and umpirical ways to utter those single words... genius. And they are.

(Ran out of U's towards the end there).

See you in the high scores :)
12-11-2006 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another Happy Drodder ((Also a redeemed one...))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com