Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 8/14/03
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon DROD News for 8/14/03 (0)  
You might have read this already. I've been making retroactive posts and generally mucking about with the spacetime continuum. I'm just as confused by it as you are, if not more so.

We are about ready to release DROD: Architect's Edition. It will be at least one week, but probably not three. Who's "we" anyway? That's the question that needs to get answered pretty quick. If you worked on beta-testing DROD:AE, you should at least give me your real name so I can include it in the credits. If you don't, I'll just use your forum alias. Also, you are entitled to a splendorous certificate celebrating your contribution. For me to send this to you, I would need your street address, but it's also fine if you'd rather not give it out.

Here's forum aliases of people for whom I have neither name or address:

- billbuckner
- dorus
- gigaleon
- innocuous innominate
- j.l.
- khong
- mathwiz
- mister
- noman
- scott
- sitnaltax
- sokko
- zmann

And here's people that I just want a street address from:
- agaricus
- captainpirate

-Erik

08-14-2003 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
icon Re: DROD News for 8/14/03 (0)  
Sent PM
08-17-2003 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Re: DROD News for 8/14/03 (0)  
billbuckner wrote:
Sent PM

Um, Erik doesn't usually check his PMs, so from now on when you want to talk to him privately you should use his email instead of PM. Just to let you know.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-17-2003 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
billbuckner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
Sent E-Mail. Could I have Confirmation? BTW After E-Mail is sent, should you find yourself back at your own profile screen?

#$@#@$#%!!! Just realized that E-mail address was wrong in profile. Real one is sheddle@charter.net

[Edited by billbuckner on 08-18-2003 at 03:16 AM]
08-18-2003 at 03:09 AM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
Grahhh... I fear I'm too late. I just got back from vacation and, seeing the deadline was the next day, I did the only thing that was quick and made sense, a PM, because ironically he sent me a PM to notify me. Do I still have to send an e-mail?

08-18-2003 at 12:17 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I think Noah was just repeating what Erik had said once before...I am sure that if Erik also sent PMs out, then he would be checking his own also. His e-mail, just in case the one in his profile is wrong, is erikh2000@yahoo.com .

I don't understand why Sunday was the deadline anyway, since I am sure a lot of people (like me) check the forum from work and not necessarily on the weekend very much. I bet you got in though Sokko.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-18-2003 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: DROD News for 8/14/03 (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
I think Noah was just repeating what Erik had said once before...I am sure that if Erik also sent PMs out, then he would be checking his own also. His e-mail, just in case the one in his profile is wrong, is erikh2000@yahoo.com .
Yeah, I don't like using PMs, but I used it to contact forum people. I didn't want to use the e-mail contact feature because the forum software forces users to enter an e-mail address and maybe a user doesn't want to receive e-mails from other people on the forum. Actually, I think we should be able to turn off PM or E-mail communication as a per-user setting, but that's a different story.
I don't understand why Sunday was the deadline anyway, since I am sure a lot of people (like me) check the forum from work and not necessarily on the weekend very much.
Because I was going to make a release candidate yesterday. But my parents came to visit and stayed long. So I'm making a release candidate today instead.
I bet you got in though Sokko.
He got in.

-Erik

08-18-2003 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
As for me, Erik asked me my address by email, and I told him my address by email. Aside from the sticky thread on the Bugs board, http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1237#7492, he told me he doesn't look at his PMs much when he replied to a PM I sent him before I knew he didn't like PMs. :blink:D

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-18-2003 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 8/14/03
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com