Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Heroes (Is anybody else as hooked as I am?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Heroes (+1)  
This show has me by the seat of my pants. And I don't even have television! (I'm watching it online). It's got great hooks, and the characters are just vague enough that we'll believe almost anything. And the powers/effects they do (Especially for Hiro) are freaking incredible. I hate myself for it, too. I might actually buy them when they come out on DVD! How I let this happen? I don't know. But I can't stop watching.

11-15-2006 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Heroes (0)  
I got really excited for the premiere, and I watched it. I agree that it's a great premise for a show and it's packed full of potential. The premiere just didn't grip me. I stopped watching for a couple weeks, but at the urging of my friends, I caught back up. In the next three episodes after the premiere, they introduced some really interesting stuff and got me excited again. But then episodes five and six were totally lackluster, and I haven't watched since.

Ultimately, I think this show has an awesome overarching plot, but its terrible writing and acting can hardly keep my interest anymore. Mohinder is a joke of a character (not to mention the girl who's always around him). His dialogue (especially the narration) is cringe-worthy. Hiro and his buddy are just charactures and hardly anything more. They gave Hiro a power so strong that it's awkward when the script doesn't call for him to use it. The Petrellis, Claire, Issac, and the mind-reading police officer all fall into their stereotypical roles.

I don't know, maybe I'm picky, but I don't think this show lives up to its hype.

11-15-2006 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
I'm not sure about the hype on the show, but I do find it quite enjoyable in its context. When I watched the first episode I was cringing at such things as simultaneous solar eclipses seen in New York, Texas and Tokyo, but I've since let go of my tenuous grip on reality and I feel much better.

It's a comic book made into TV, and in that context I find I enjoy it. I think the writing and acting could improve, and on shows like this it often does. (Ever watch first season Babylon 5 or Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes? Decidedly spotty.)

One thing I really don't like is the recaps at the beginning of each show, because...

Click here to view the secret text

But overall, the show is interesting enough to make it onto my small list of shows my TiVo grabs and keeps every episode of.

(Along with Prison Break, Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Veronica Mars.)

Josh

11-15-2006 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
I'm hooked. I tape it on my DVR and watch it later when I have a chance. I thought some of the acting and script need work as well. There are still a lot of questions to be answered. I'm not to fond of the jumping around from place to place to show all of the charactors, but understand why it's needed. I've seen all 8 so far, at least I think this past Monday's was number 8.

I fell in love with Buffy as well, and now own all of the seasons on DVD, along with Angel.

I hope Heroes sticks around for a while. :thumbsup :D

11-16-2006 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Heroes (Is anybody else as hooked as I am?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com