Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Ironman Mode (Webfoot DROD Nostalgia)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ironman Mode (0)  
Blondbeard wrote:
AtkinsSJ wrote:
What, you mean a kind-of action DROD?
I'm curious as to how it would play, but that's pretty-much breaking the whole idea of DROD. Still, as something seperate from the main game, it could work. Just not as a web-based representation of DROD.

Well... no, it isn't. It just means that a two seconds wait is equivilent to pressing 5. I think this is a good idea, although I would never be able to make my moves in two seconds. it would certanly be a good training in seeing solutions fast, although I guess some holds would be nearly unplayable. Two seconds... :no
Let me rephrase... only having 2 seconds to decide where to go removes the aspect of spending time over each move, making sure you know what you're doing. Take the thinking out of DROD, and you have an action game. I certainly couldn't play like that.
11-17-2006 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
Have you ever heard about a chess clock? I can promis you that the guys playing timed chess don't think you have removed all the thinking from the game. To play Perfection in this mode you would have to be pretty smart. (Note that I'm too much of a slow thinker to use this, but I think it might be fun for those who are incredably fast and smart thinkers. I like DROD just the way it is).
11-17-2006 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Hmmm. Still, I couldn't play that fast.
11-17-2006 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Well, I think any timed movement would go against all things DROD (and probably the reason it was removed in the first place). DROD is a stepping game... there are plenty of non turn-based games out there for those who prefer pace.
11-18-2006 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Well, someone could cook up a quick AutoHotkey script that hits "5" if you don't hit one of the other numbermovement keys for some number of seconds if you'd like to try what it would be like... ;)

(Probably best combined with some other hotkey to toggle this on/off...)

np: Move D - Nimm 2 (Kunststoff)

[Last edited by Briareos at 11-18-2006 05:18 PM]
11-18-2006 at 05:17 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
But still...
You want something hard.
Here it is.
11-18-2006 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Someone Else wrote:
But still...
You want something hard.
Here it is.
If you meant we'd have a hard time finding it (what it?), you would be right... :huh

np: Move D - In/Out (Initial Mix) (Kunststoff)

11-18-2006 at 07:28 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Ironman is bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Webfoot is bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Checkpoint is YUMMY! Undo is YUMMY! Lack of undo is SATISFACTIONGIVING HARDER AND CHALLENGING!!!!

Click here to view the secret text

11-19-2006 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Ironman Mode (Webfoot DROD Nostalgia)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com