Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Cannot Search & Cannot Post
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TisMe
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Cannot Search & Cannot Post (0)  
I was advised to post to this board for help with my problem.

I have never been able to do a 'Search' on the Hints & Solution Board. I pick a hold & level and always receive the page back with an empty field, a yellow triangle at bottom left, and either the word Done or Error on Page with it. So... I have always gone thru all the pages on the board looking for the room I need a hint for (this gets more cumbersome as the board gets larger). Unfortunately, some holds I have stopped working on as no hints are available for the rooms I cannot complete.

Therefore, I would like to post and ask for hints. Alas, your rules state to use the 'Search' function to do this. I am stuck; how do I post?

Is there some special sequence or command I need that I do not know? (I have XP Home and IE; in the last co. of days, I have gone to Microsoft & updated my system, downloaded the new IE -- same problem with Search -- I have tried it with diabling my antivirus -- no go). Any help will be appreciated.

11-07-2006 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Cannot Search & Cannot Post (+1)  
here is the previous topic.
11-07-2006 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TisMe
icon Re: Cannot Search & Cannot Post (0)  
Hi NiroZ -- I tried the other search for a co of rooms -- got 0 results. I really would like to use the 'Search' and would like to post. The weird thing is -- I 'feel' the Search function does not even invoke.

11-07-2006 at 06:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
as a final resort, try this custom google search engine.

However, I think the best course of action for you would be to post every tiny (possibly even irrelevant) pieces of information regarding your problem with MetDroid: Prime back in the original thread.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 11-07-2006 06:23 AM : removed fullstop]
11-07-2006 at 06:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
TisMe wrote:
I have never been able to do a 'Search' on the Hints & Solution Board. I pick a hold & level and always receive the page back with an empty field, a yellow triangle at bottom left, and either the word Done or Error on Page with it.
Could you, by any chance, take a screenshot of this and post it? If I can see exactly what it looks like, it might be easier to find the problem.

11-07-2006 at 06:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
TisMe
Schik, How can I get the screen snapshot to you? I have always used the 'save as' to my desktop to keep a screen and then use accordingly. However, I keep getting the default search page (JtRH 1st level) on my desktop when I try. I created a file of it and got the default as well.

How do I get what I am actually seeing to you? Thank you for helping.

11-07-2006 at 08:59 AM
NiroZ
try hitting the 'Browse...' button directly underneath your message box which you type in. Now, select the picture file that you want to show Schik, and hit post.

Oh, and can you find hints on the first level of JtRH?
11-07-2006 at 09:04 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
TisMe wrote:
How do I get what I am actually seeing to you? Thank you for helping.
Hit the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard then open up MS Paint or some other graphics program, choose "Paste" from the edit menu, save the image to a JPG file and attach that file here the way NiroZ wrote...

If you use "Save as..." in your browser, you'll always save the state the page is in when you open it, not the way you currently see it.

11-07-2006 at 09:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Just a small addition... Alt + PrintScreen will take a snapshot of just the window in focus.
11-07-2006 at 11:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
Just a small addition... Alt + PrintScreen will take a snapshot of just the window in focus.
Also, IrfanView does taking screenshots of any Window and saving them in one step...

11-07-2006 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TisMe
icon Re: Cannot Search & Cannot Post (+2)  
Hi All, I am a happy camper. Apologies in advance for longwindedness -- but if it helps another poor schnook like me...

What I have always seen when I hit the Search/NewTopic on the Hints board is: The blue banner that says select a hold, level, and room. A thin banner screenwide directly under it that says select hold; a 2nd below it that says pick level. Then a 100% blank screen from the banners to my taskbar. After I click on level, the blank screen returns with Error on Page at bottom left. I always assumed I was suppose to get something that would allow me to pick a room.

Parts of Sunday and Monday were dedicated to Microsoft (exorbitant amts of time) updating my system. After replying to Schik last night, I powered off. Background -- I use a modem and worldnet is my ISP. A long time ago that came up with Propel Accelerator for modem users. It really works (especially with downloads); I have never had a problem with it on my system, on any site, etc.. It comes up as a start up program (regardless whether you go online or not).

When I powered on, I received one of Microsoft's infamous error reports that something was wrong with the Accelerator & it was shut down. For the 1st time, I came here without it, read your replies, went to Search to capture my screen -- voila -- lo and behold -- there is a grid (for JtRH, 1st level) on my screen, the ability to pick rooms and submit. I have never seen this before -- I did not even know what I was supposed to see. I love it -- so I am assuming I can also post to the Hints board also. Hmmm, now I am wondering if it has anything to do with why my uploaded scores and stuff never seem to match what my game says.

Well, I will be checking to see if ATT has an updated Accelerator for me (I just will shut it off for DROD search).

Thank you all.

11-07-2006 at 08:37 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Cannot Search & Cannot Post
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com