Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 4/27/02
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
IP: Logged
icon DROD News for 4/27/02 (0)  
Hey everyone. As much as I hate sayin' this, updates are gonna be a bit skimpy from me for awhile. Until early/mid June, my schoolwork has slightly higher priority. I'm passing everything right now, but I still need to do better. I've been busy with preparations for the ACT and last week I took the PSAE, and things are just a mess. Don't misinterpret me anybody... I'm not ditching, I just need to get things straighted out.

Anyway, on to the update. I was going to spend a bunch of time, and reorganize the site into a more logical order, make more links, and generally make things easier to find for everyone. For now, however, that task must be set aside.

From now forth, only the ten latest news posts will appear here, everything else can be found on the Old News page, which will be located on the top and bottom of this page.

All of a sudden, people have gotten much more interested in the DROD Challenges (perhaps mine weren't all that interesting?) and Adam Peterson has sent in three new ones. Go see. And don't forget, if you want to submit your own, just E-mail me.

Oh my goodness, if you aren't a member of the Yahoo! DROD Group, I suggest you sign up soon. There are some VERY interesting and heated debates about Caravel DROD going on, some promoting classic and simple DROD monsters, and some urging an onslaught of many, new, complex elements. It's a good read! Sign up!

I'm gonna get mushy for a moment, so bear with me... As most of you know, DROD.net is my first serious attempt at a website. I try to take pride in these pages, when really all they are are pictures and text, with a dab of JavaScript here and there. The support and motivation that visitors like you provide means a lot to me. It encourages me to follow my ambition to become a professional web designer in the future. DROD.net is not the most popular site on the internet, and most likely never will be. Despite that, I am honored and proud to be a part of the DROD community. To the visitors--Thanks.

So... I don't know when the next update will be, but Erik assured me that if something important takes place, he'll step in and update on my behalf. I'll still be around. And when June comes, I'll be back at my usual pace, and perhaps even more.

Oh! And one more thing! And I know you'll love this... For those of you who use AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), I created a DROD.NET Buddy Icon for those who want it! You can get it from the downloads page, or just click the image below while AIM is running. Enjoy!

[siteimage]icon.gif[/siteimage]
AIM Buddy Icon

Okay, I'm done now.

[siteimage]signature.gif[/siteimage]

08-14-2003 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : DROD News for 4/27/02
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com