Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Second Grand Audition (Your voice in DROD: The City Beneath.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Second Grand Audition (0)  
Just checking - in the unlikely event that you actually want me, you'll be able to contact me with the email address set and "Allow emails" unchecked, right?

11-13-2006 at 11:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
Fafnir wrote:
Just checking - in the unlikely event that you actually want me, you'll be able to contact me with the email address set and "Allow emails" unchecked, right?
I don't think that's a good idea.
Just enable emails. If your worried about being spammed, try and email me(don't worry about sending anything though). You will see that my email address is protected.
11-13-2006 at 11:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Fafnir wrote:
I generally don't contact people using their account e-mails unless they have e-mail contact enabled. Basically, if the general public doesn't have permission to contact you, I assume I don't either.

Some things you could do:
* Enable your e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be shown anywhere publicly on the forum.
* Enable your PMs.
* E-mail me at erikh@caravelgames.com, and then I'm okay to contact you directly by e-mail.
* Not worry about it. I'll probably remember that you said it was okay to e-mail you.

-Erik

11-14-2006 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
It's amazing - I never noticed that before! I just assumed that "Allow e-mail" would display the address publicly. Using the forum software to handle e-mail rather than just using mailto tags is a very nice idea - bravo Schik! :thumbsup

11-15-2006 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well what a large selection of want-to-be voice actors, who would have thought such mild mannered DROD players would have such a wild side...

I tried for all but "Prombly" it was just too deep a male voice for me to try. I did try for the King with my best character voice I could come up with. There were so many good ones I am not worried but I confess I play my holds with the sound off so I had no idea what the voices sounded like in the games. :w00t

Break a virtual leg everyone..

Amazing Contest Discription:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by techant at 10-22-2007 06:20 AM]
11-16-2006 at 08:44 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
techant wrote:
Break a virtual leg everyone..
I can't believe there's no smiley for that. :brklnk :stretcher

11-16-2006 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181

File: DiMono - warming up.ogg (625.5 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
And my eight audition files are posted. Yes, I'm a voice acting whore. I also had to beat my throat in to submission to get it to work properly, as I have a sinus and throat cold right now. In case anyone's interested what me warming up to do voices sounds like, I've attached my audio of it.

...It's not very interesting.

11-18-2006 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tombot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Even if it is a bit late...

I have a rather unique voice, and may have some use as a character of some kind but I am shy! -_-

I have a few cruddy examples of speech in my own hold thing.

Gurk, how do I aproach this? :?

11-27-2006 at 08:40 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Tombot wrote:
Gurk, how do I aproach this? :?
If you want, you can submit you voice acting in one of the 8 topics. Although you won't win anything, you might be chosen to do Voice Acting in The City Beneath.
11-28-2006 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
It's probably a good time to step in and say that we've got our TCB cast picked and probably won't need any more help. Much thanks to everyone who participated!

-Erik

11-28-2006 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tombot
Ok, do we need an announcement topic of some type to conclude with?

11-28-2006 at 10:01 AM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Tombot wrote:
Ok, do we need an announcement topic of some type to conclude with?
Not sure what you're talking about. This topic is the announcement, and Erik just concluded it to a degree. Further conclusion seems unnecessary until the contest also ends.

... or what did you mean exactly?
11-28-2006 at 12:57 PM
Tombot
One big new topic stating that everything is done and who has won what and what we have learned and so on. A topic.

11-28-2006 at 03:11 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I made one in contests, but not everything is done YET. We still have ties to break and the final master poll. And probably a tie breaker for that as well.
11-28-2006 at 03:14 PM
Tombot
Takes a lot of organisation doesn’t it?

11-28-2006 at 04:20 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Much more than I realized! :smile I'm still happy to do it though, it's lots of fun to run a contest. I'm going to try to do as many as I can.
11-28-2006 at 05:09 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Second Grand Audition (Your voice in DROD: The City Beneath.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com