Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : For Schik, from Anything (Just in case you didn't find it there.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon For Schik, from Anything (0)  
Briareos wrote:

Hey, what do you know - I get the same, for example here.

If I click on the warning triangle icon in the status bar, I get this:

Line: 276
Char: 6
Error: Unknown runtime error
Code: 0
URL: http://forum.caravelgames.com/highscores.php?
So no, it's not just you - it does work in Firefox, however. Schik?

(Further proof that IE is in dire need of an update. I doubt IE7 is gonna fix it, though...)

I found it, and Briareos confirmed it. This happens in IE. I can't see the highscores. (I can't view YouTube either, but I don't think Schik controls YouTube.)

10-15-2006 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: For Schik, from Anything (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
I found it, and Briareos confirmed it. This happens in IE. I can't see the highscores. (I can't view YouTube either, but I don't think Schik controls YouTube.)
You might also want to add that this happens when pointing IE here and clicking either the "Scores" or "#1 History" links above any of the rooms. And by the way, the sub-pages in the #1 scores tab don't work either... :?

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but if it wasn't for Zex and me someone else would've noticed it... ;))

np: Uusitalo - Bedroom Selection (Vapaa Muurari)

10-15-2006 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: For Schik, from Anything (0)  
Briareos wrote:
You might also want to add that this happens when pointing IE here and clicking either the "Scores" or "#1 History" links above any of the rooms. And by the way, the sub-pages in the #1 scores tab don't work either... :?
Bah. Did this change? I know the #1 history never worked on Opera, but I swear it worked in IE....

However, changing pages on both tables works for me on the #1 Scores tab.

I don't know that I'll have time to look into it tonight, but I'll work on making the History work for everyone soon.

10-16-2006 at 02:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: For Schik, from Anything (+3)  
Okay, I did have time to fix this.

I tested it in Firefox, IE6, and Opera, and it works in all of them. You will likely have to do a hard refresh or clear your cache for this to work. As far as I know, everything on the highscores page should now work in at least those three browsers.

10-16-2006 at 05:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: For Schik, from Anything (+1)  
Schik wrote:
I tested it in Firefox, IE6, and Opera, and it works in all of them. You will likely have to do a hard refresh or clear your cache for this to work. As far as I know, everything on the highscores page should now work in at least those three browsers.
Well...

The #1s/Scores switch works now in IE6.

The page switch... kinda works.

Whenever I click on it in IE6, I get an error dialog stating (in German)

A runtime error has occurred. Do you want to start the debug mode? 

Line: 0
Error: Object expected

which shouldn't happen, BUT! - while this dialog is shown the correct sub-page loads in the background...

(I assume it's the "javascript:null()" in the href, at least that's the block shown by MS Script Debugger if I answer yes to that dialog; I guess replacing it with "void(0)" should fix it, at least that's what I always use as a null statement - but why not just use a href of "#"?)

10-16-2006 at 08:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Awesome. It works for me now as well. Now it's time for a request.

I'd like a button that will toggle all rooms from scores to #1 History, and vice versa. This seems better than having to toggle all of the rooms, if you want to view them all. It certainly wouldn't replace the per-room toggle, but it'd be a nice addition, IMO.

10-16-2006 at 12:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Briareos wrote:
(I assume it's the "javascript:null()" in the href, at least that's the block shown by MS Script Debugger if I answer yes to that dialog; I guess replacing it with "void(0)" should fix it, at least that's what I always use as a null statement - but why not just use a href of "#"?)
Whoops. Fixed, thanks.

10-16-2006 at 03:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : For Schik, from Anything (Just in case you didn't find it there.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com