Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Bit of a problem here. I obviously need to clear all the trapdoors using one mimic so I don't get trapped by the golems, but their seems to be two areas that require a mimic to clear! There's the one with the dead end near the orb, and the one to the northwest. How do I do it?
10-10-2006 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
When I solved this room, I used both mimics and beethro to clear the trapdoors. As far as the golems go:
Click here to view the secret text

Progress - Gavin G
10-10-2006 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
I still get stuck though. I can't get to the golems fast enough.
10-10-2006 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
Ezlo wrote:
I still get stuck though. I can't get to the golems fast enough.

Progress - Gavin G
10-10-2006 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
OH! I get it now. I'll try that.

EDIT: Got it. Thanks!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 10-10-2006 05:09 PM]
10-10-2006 at 05:07 PM
tima
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
Meh, this room is confusing.
Can anyone give me a hint on how to start? Like, where to put the mimics, best direction to start with, etc?
Thanks
03-20-2007 at 08:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
christine83
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 158
icon Re: Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
tima wrote:
Can anyone give me a hint on how to start?

With printscreen and paint you can plan the routes for you and the mimics. There is one orb you have to hit before you go down yourself.

This took me a while to figure out:

If this isn't enough, ask again :)

#1 Fan!

03-20-2007 at 11:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tima
christine83 wrote:
tima wrote:
Can anyone give me a hint on how to start?

With printscreen and paint you can plan the routes for you and the mimics. There is one orb you have to hit before you go down yourself.

This took me a while to figure out:

If this isn't enough, ask again :)

I actually knew all this
Paint rules for trapdoor puzzles.
And I tried the one mimic thing, but didn't really know where to put it
I guess I'll try again

EDIT: tried again, I've got it all planned on paint, but the mimics always get out of their positions.
I'm assuming I need to kill the SW mimic on the X, or one trapdoor SW of there (but the X probably), and the NW mimic on one of the lower X's.
The SW mimic just gets out of that X before I get to kill him (He got out when I did the middle loop).
Am I wrong here or just inefficient?

[Last edited by tima at 03-20-2007 02:43 PM]
03-20-2007 at 02:29 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
tima wrote:
Am I wrong here or just inefficient?

np: Kit Clayton - Track 2 (Lateral Forces (Surface Fault))

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-20-2007 05:36 PM]
03-20-2007 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tima
Meh this room is driving me crazy
I can't seem to save a trapdoor till the end with the NW mimic, no matter what I do.
Help me? :/
03-23-2007 at 03:51 PM
tima
Oh c'mon, can't anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I can't save the last trapdoor long enough
I really want to finish this hold

Even post a demo if it's hard to explain.

Thanks, tima.
03-26-2007 at 04:18 PM
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121

File: LJe Secret underground passages 1S1W Victory.demo (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 100 times.
License: Public Domain
It is hard to explain, but then I'm inarticulate. Worse than that, the deities in charge of the database won't allow inserting this room image, so . . .

Demo attached.
03-27-2007 at 12:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tima
Pfft, I must be blind. Thanks a lot.
03-27-2007 at 08:47 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well I don't think I would have got it without watch the beginning of the demo. Thanks

02-28-2008 at 09:18 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Labyrinthitis (JtrH edition) : Secret underground passages : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com