Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Nothing works
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
JoolsC
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Nothing works (0)  
I was playing Nanfro budkins first dungeon quite happily on DrodAE (having already completed kdd and king reubus palace) when I got stuck on level 8. I couldn't get a picture in any hold in any conquered room on the hints and solutions board and from the forum I was advised to register which I did. Of course to enter my new registration key I had to install JTRH demo which I had completed earlier and deleted. Unfortunately still no pictures. Whats more the only info in my members profile relates to nanfro budkin and despite following the suggestions of several helpful people on the general board I can't upload info to caravelnet, I can't get pictures and use hints and solutions, I can't get all my player data from drod AE to drod jtrh and no progress I make in jtrh (which I have restarted) appears in my profile. I do have a green tick everytime I go into drod and I did pay and become a full member. Can someone please help me as I am getting very frustrated and am on the verge of binning the whole thing.
10-09-2006 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Nothing works (+1)  
previous discussion here So hopefully we don't ask the same questions twice.
10-10-2006 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
According to the CaravelNet FAQ (stickied at the top of this board), your key may be invalid. Have you tried to request a new key? Another issue rarely occurs when someone buys CaravelNet and uses a forum name different than the one they want their high scores associated with. I'd say this probably isn't the case for you though, but you never know so I'm throwing it out there.

Now, let's try something else. Can you see the following image?

How about this one?

If you can't see either of them, then I fear the problem is with your web browser, and not with your CaravelNet subscription. If you can see both of them, then we will have at least tracked it down to the Hints and Solutions forum--where it still may be a problem with your browser (perhaps some setting has been changed). If you trust us enough, try to set your browser to the lowest security settings temporarily and see if the images show up. If not, then wow, this is weird. But let's see what happens with these tests.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 10-10-2006 01:50 AM]
10-10-2006 at 01:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JoolsC
thanks for suggestion about web browser security suggestion, while attempting to change it and getting nowhere I looked at McAphee security centre which was running and found that the privacy service was blocking the pictures in hints and solutions. These have now been restored to me. Halleluya :thumbsup Now I only need to sort out why my progress is not uploading and I'll be happy. Could the key be invalid but still show a green tick of connection?
10-10-2006 at 06:01 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Nothing works (0)  
No, green tick means that your key is valid.

Did you try what I suggested in the other thread (modifying your ini and uploading all the scores)?

10-10-2006 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JoolsC
yes tried that, made no difference, the only hold recorded in my profile is Nanfro budkin's first dungeon which was the last thing I played in Drod:AE. nothing I do in Drod:JtRH seems to get uploaded. As far as I am aware I am using the right names etc. If anything is different it would be a capital letter for Jool instead of jool.
10-10-2006 at 07:00 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
JoolsC wrote:
yes tried that, made no difference, the only hold recorded in my profile is Nanfro budkin's first dungeon which was the last thing I played in Drod:AE. nothing I do in Drod:JtRH seems to get uploaded. As far as I am aware I am using the right names etc. If anything is different it would be a capital letter for Jool instead of jool.
By the way - what happens when you play JtRH and hit F6 in a room you have already conquered?

np: Four Tet - As Serious As Your Life (Jay Dee Remix) (Four Tet Remixed)

10-10-2006 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Briareos wrote:
By the way - what happens when you play JtRH and hit F6 in a room you have already conquered?
Or more generally, play using 2.0, not necessarily the JtRH hold, although that is fine to test it on. See if you get a different response for F6 in a room in Nanfro Budkin's dungeon that has been uploaded, vs. any other hold that you conquer a room, leave it, and return to press F6.

Also, what version of DROD are you using? I know you said you downloaded it from the downloads page and NiroZ said you didn't need a patch, but just in case, I believe it should be 2.0.14.1. You can find the current version number on the title screen somewhere (I forget exactly where).

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-10-2006 at 09:34 PM
JoolsC
I'm using 2.0.14.1, the demos are working in every hold I've imported into Drod:JtRH on rooms I conquered in Drod:AE but JtRH demos are not working, it says that 'this hold is not published on caravelnet' and ' no demos have been recorded for this room' I have now completed all three levels of JtRH demo but not shown on my profile. :?
10-10-2006 at 11:25 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
The demo versions of Journey to Rooted Hold and King Dugan's Dungeon are not CaravelNet enabled, you'd need the full version for that. Does it work for any other holds?
10-11-2006 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JoolsC
No, just redid levels 1 and 2 of King Reubus Palace and no change to my profile. Get room demos but doesn't seem to know I've explored anything since paying my membership except nanfro budkins first nightmare from before.
10-11-2006 at 08:15 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
JoolsC wrote:
No, just redid levels 1 and 2 of King Reubus Palace and no change to my profile. Get room demos but doesn't seem to know I've explored anything since paying my membership except nanfro budkins first nightmare from before.
So if I understand you correctly:

- You have and use a CaravelNet membership

but

- You're using the JtRH demo

If the above is correct, everything works as it should.

The 3-level version of JtRH from the demo isn't listed on (or downloadable from) CaravelNet, so you can't upload high scores for it. Of course, if someone from the Powers That Be would upload the demo hold, you could probably submit high scores - I just don't think they want to have 3 duplicate levels in there...

So - if you want to upload high scores for JtRH or KDD 2.0, you have to buy the respective full version of the game. You can, however, upload demos for every other hold you can download in-game and for every Smitemaster's Selection you get while your CaravelNet account is active.

As for King Reubus Palace - did you beat your own best times for the rooms you played? If not, I don't think the game will upload your progress for them. That's something a full score upload would probably fix...

np: SCSI-9 - Eclair De Lune (The Line Of Nine)

[Last edited by Briareos at 10-11-2006 09:28 PM]
10-11-2006 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Briareos wrote:
As for King Reubus Palace - did you beat your own best times for the rooms you played? If not, I don't think the game will upload your progress for them. That's something a full score upload would probably fix...

He claims to have already done a full score upload - if he had had scores in KRP, they should have been uploaded.

I'm not sure what else can be done - there's either some communication breakdown between JoolsC and the rest of us, or else something seems genuinely wrong.

10-11-2006 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5392
icon Re: Nothing works (+2)  
Jools,

I've looked at my CaravelNet logs a little bit. I don't see any demo uploads at all from you for the last 9 days. I don't see any full uploads from you ever. In recent days, all I see is you getting the list of holds (done automatically at startup) and uploading saved game progress.

On the settings screen, do you have it set to automatically record victory demos? If not, that would explain why it doesn't upload highscore demos.

10-11-2006 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JoolsC
icon Re: Nothing works (+2)  
Thanks Schik, I had missed the box for recording victory demos. Sorry I was so dense. All is working as it should be now. You have all been a great help and very patient with me. I will enjoy playing many more holds now :thumbsup
10-11-2006 at 11:58 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Nothing works
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No