Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Copy-Paste works incorrectly (split between feature requests and bugs)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Copy-Paste works incorrectly (0)  
I have just been playing around in the editor, and I noticed something. When you select, copy and then paste, it copys from all three layers. This is fustrating if you have copy-pasted a character from a wall with arrow's on it, as then anywhere else you copy it too, it will be the same.

A better way to go about this would be to have the copy paste function only copy paste from the layer you are currently on. If there should be a copy paste function which does all three layers at once, it should be on another layer which affects all 3 layers directly.
10-07-2006 at 12:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
IP: Logged
icon Re: Copy-Paste works incorrectly (+1)  
Incidentally, did you know that the copy-paste function also doesn't technically copy and paste, rather it just marks an area of the room to be copied? If you paste over the copied area, and then copy again, you'll get the new result.
10-08-2006 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Copy-Paste works incorrectly (split between feature requests and bugs)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com