Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Legend of Master Hunter (My first released hold - I hope it isn't too hard...)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Legend of Master Hunter (0)  
Are all the levels present? After the disaster of replaying Dark Templar last update I don't think I will try again until final testing.
07-28-2007 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Dark Templar and Deep Well have some new stuff in them, so you'll probably want to replay those levels anyway.

Probably the only really painful part of replaying Dark Templar is the 1E room, and even that's not so difficult if you saved a demo from the last time you played it ;)

And, eh, The Plant Twice North, even though it's not a very difficult room, is a somewhat long one, so it could probably use at least one checkpoint somewhere. The room currently has none, so that's not helpful.

EDIT:

In The Plant Twice North Novence East, a fantastic spot to put a checkpoint would be right near or on the fuse, so I don't have to repeat a good part of the beginning of the room each time I fail.

The only checkpoint currently in the room is most unhelpful, since you could only use it if you were being too inefficient to complete the room.

EDIT:

It looks like you get stuck after solving The Plant Quince North, Octence East. You can't exit south because of the yellow doors. You can exit west, but you are then blocked by a wall of mud in Quince North, Septence East. You can exit east, but there is no way to open the yellow doors back to the main area in Quince North, Novence East. You can exit north, but (unless I'm missing something) even after you clear all the mud in Sence North, Octence East, you have no choice but to go back.

Either a hole in the mud in Quince North, Septence East or a well-placed green door in Quince North, Novence East or Quince North, Octence East would fix this issue.

[Last edited by Chaco at 07-28-2007 04:25 PM]
07-28-2007 at 02:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
I know it was buggy when I undated because colours for orb association/errors completely disappeared and I couldn't tell at all. One of the orbs in 5N 9E shoul of opened the yellow door leading out to the South.

Which is a complete dog turd of an event because it's fine in my version. :(

Fix for Tuesday since I only have Monday to do anything.

Burp. Sorry, going to update it Friday evening. Checking a few things as of now.

Slight alterations. Not going to add some of the secret rooms I've done just yet. Some of them are kind of hard. Because I played through The Plant Twice, I made some changes for the better.

What I've done.

The Sewerways

2W - Fixed. I would of missed that.

The Dark Tunnels
I haven't made a new room for 1N7E. I keep forgetting... :P

Mud Vein
1W2E - generously added checkpoints.

I hope nobody tried the secret room... :P It's hard. I'm not saying that casually. Hard and time consuming. I'm not going to use it.

The Plant
5N1E - was required, not anymore. Removed Tar Mothers. Backtracking through 5N is quite a pain in the rear admiral.

4N8E - puzzle that kept of forgetting to alter. You'd get stuck in this room, that's fixed, also Black Door does actually have a purpose now.

5N9E - fixed so orb opens yellow door to south exit so you don't get stuck.

1N9E - Black Door changed to Yellow Door. Objective is the same, but you don't have to hack away at mud.

Various checkpoint changes.

2N9E - a move the checkpoint closer to the fuse, but only moderately so. I moved the other check point out the mud mother.

2N - it can be a pretty quick room. It can be a long room if done badly. It was originally a DROD:AE room and didn't have a checkpoint in that, so I think I know why you want me to add a useful checkpoint. The original intended checkpoint for this version of the room is back in, but it isn't that useful other than for post solution/pre room cleared cock-ups.

3N 3E - required room. Allows for easier backtracking if solved to east and west sections. *Note fix map room. Umm..*

3N 5E - changed for easier level roaming.

3N 4E - map room. Has mini map image of rooms - all required rooms, but of course doesn't show every room. It's JtRH style if you're wondering about the colours. :P

Shilon's Plates

1S - made slightly easier in the 1st part efficiency department.

1N1W - considering removing all of the trapdoor tiles. I haven't done it yet. Originally it had all trapdoor tiles but I worked it out that it was unsolvable because of the number of times you had to go backwards and forwards on the narrowest points. It's doable, but it's tricky as it is. Might be too tricky still.

Will update first post when I time...

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Yellow_Mage at 08-03-2007 04:09 AM]
07-29-2007 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Yellow_Mage wrote:

The Plant

5N9E - fixed so orb opens yellow door to south exit so you don't get stuck.

I downloaded your new version, and there are still no orbs that open the southern yellow door. Possibly that one orb that shuts a door in the southeast corner for no reason should also open the door at the start.

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-05-2007 11:10 PM]
08-05-2007 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
¬_¬

I can tell some dodgy has gone up with my version of JtRH as the red/blue colours for room errors don't appear anymore, and I don't know how it first happened.

08-06-2007 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Do you have the "Show Errors" box checked?

08-06-2007 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
icon Re: The Legend of Master Hunter (+1)  
Well, I didn't think about unchecking and checking it. Ah, that's better. :D

Temptation to call you a clever little Monkey overwhelming.

08-06-2007 at 01:22 AM
bbb
Rank Points: 215

File: tLoMH_bugfix.hold (1.2 MB)
Downloaded 48 times.
License: Other
Somewhat inspired by Chaco. Here is the hold with some corrections. All secret rooms should be reachable and solvable. Fixed some backtracking issues.

Though I am not the original author, I applied some magic to keep the previous author name on the hold, and to have it update the previous version when installed, preserving progress.

Changes: (I think these are all.)

09-13-2016 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Legend of Master Hunter (My first released hold - I hope it isn't too hard...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com