Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A simple suggestion (For the Editor, anyway.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon A simple suggestion (0)  
What I want to suggest is that the different layers be assigned the hotkeys 1, 2 and 3. This would aid greatly when deleting and scripting.
09-30-2006 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: A simple suggestion (0)  
And sort of related to that, I always wanted to be able to completely removing everything from part of a room more easily. As it is, I think you have to delete all three layers seperately (at least if they all exist in that region).

09-30-2006 at 02:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Kevin_P86 wrote:
And sort of related to that, I always wanted to be able to completely removing everything from part of a room more easily. As it is, I think you have to delete all three layers seperately (at least if they all exist in that region).
I think thats more of a feature than an annoyance, as what do you do if you want to remove the tar from a square with a wall, tar and a checkpoint? or if you wanted to delete a wall, but it has a scripting charcter on it with alot of commands?
09-30-2006 at 02:35 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
I am not suggesting it should only be possible to delete everything. I am suggesting there should be an easier way to do so if you wish to, in addition to the current method of selectively deleting layers.

09-30-2006 at 02:38 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
NiroZ wrote:
What I want to suggest is that the different layers be assigned the hotkeys 1, 2 and 3. This would aid greatly when deleting and scripting.
Sure...except 1-3 are remappable command keys. Still, I'll add the option of using Ctrl-<1-3> as menu selection hotkeys. Note that Ctrl-<left/right arrow> also shifts between active menu tabs.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-30-2006 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
NiroZ wrote:
Kevin_P86 wrote:
I think thats more of a feature than an annoyance, as what do you do if you want to remove the tar from a square with a wall, tar and a checkpoint? or if you wanted to delete a wall, but it has a scripting charcter on it with alot of commands?
Quite right. I think he means to have another, separate way to delete everything at once. How about holding <Shift> while deleting. I'm adding this functionality to the DROD 3.0 editor.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-30-2006 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A simple suggestion (For the Editor, anyway.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com