Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Revival (Keep it alive!)
Page 2 of 12
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
IP: Logged
icon Re: Revival (0)  
tokyokid wrote:
Ooh! Code Lyoko? ;)
Right! Its a great show. Can't wait for the 3rd season.

Keep posting,

09-28-2006 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
Hmm.

I once came in midway through on this show on Cartoon Network where this evil virus had taken over a bus and was trying to crash it into a chemical plant or something. Except nobody on the bus but this geeky kid knew it was headed over there. And then one of his friends went into this virtu-world and fought a laser tank with the help of a friendly computer program. After that I changed the channel.

I seriously hope that wasn't Code Lyoko, because it looked pretty bad and the screenshot there looks less so.

[Last edited by Chaco at 09-29-2006 01:26 AM]
09-29-2006 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
The best thing about Code Lyoko is the theme music. When it comes on, I usually tune in for the first 2 minutes to hear it, then go back to whatever I was doing.
The rest of the show is meh.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 09-29-2006 01:53 AM]
09-29-2006 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
I love the theme music. I downloaded it in 2 languages. :P

Keep posting,

09-29-2006 at 01:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drgamer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 113
Chaco wrote:
Hmm.

I once came in midway through on this show on Cartoon Network where this evil virus had taken over a bus and was trying to crash it into a chemical plant or something. Except nobody on the bus but this geeky kid knew it was headed over there. And then one of his friends went into this virtu-world and fought a laser tank with the help of a friendly computer program. After that I changed the channel.

I seriously hope that wasn't Code Lyoko, because it looked pretty bad and the screenshot there looks less so.
That sounds like the first season... Which isn't as good as the newer season (Not sure about season 3, which hasn't come out yet)
Besides, it's story related, so you wouldn't really be able to like it if you don't know what's going on ;)
(And if you say that looking at a random portion of the show qualifies as seeing enough of the episode to judge the entire show, then let me see one of your favorite shows for five seconds and judge it... Depending on what I see, I might like it, or I might hate it. Would you really want me to stop watching after not giving it a chance?)
09-29-2006 at 03:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Okay, now that this thread is about bumping, it's not cool anymore. D:
09-29-2006 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Banjooie wrote:
I prefer to think of it as the ultimate thread hack hack hack hack... hack.
09-29-2006 at 03:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
icon Re: Revival (+1)  
NiroZ wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
I prefer to think of it as the ultimate thread hack hack hack hack... hack.
Ding ding ding! We got a winner! Randomness Below:
Would you like to buy a vacuum?

Keep posting,

09-29-2006 at 11:39 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Well, okay, maybe I wasn't watching it for long enough, but I can tell you that that particular snippet wasn't exactly interesting and was really, really mockable.

And no, I already have enough wooden banana toaster cubes.

09-29-2006 at 11:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Drgamer wrote:
(And if you say that looking at a random portion of the show qualifies as seeing enough of the episode to judge the entire show, then let me see one of your favorite shows for five seconds and judge it... Depending on what I see, I might like it, or I might hate it. Would you really want me to stop watching after not giving it a chance?)
If I like a show, that doesn't mean that you have to. If I have time to watch tv, that doesn't mean that you do too. Therefore, if I think you might enjoy a show then I'll mention it to you; but after that, it's entirely up to you whether you watch it for even five seconds. Why should I care whether or not we watch the same shows?

(Yes, I've stripped this of context and replied as if you'd asked me, which you haven't; but I'm genuinely not getting your point here.)
09-29-2006 at 12:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drgamer
Znirk wrote:
Drgamer wrote:
If I like a show, that doesn't mean that you have to. If I have time to watch tv, that doesn't mean that you do too. Therefore, if I think you might enjoy a show then I'll mention it to you; but after that, it's entirely up to you whether you watch it for even five seconds. Why should I care whether or not we watch the same shows?

(Yes, I've stripped this of context and replied as if you'd asked me, which you haven't; but I'm genuinely not getting your point here.)
Say a show is doomed unless one of those higher up people likes it. Say one of those said people is chosen to watch the show and tell the others how it was (The other CEOs are busy...). However, said person is too busy to watch the entire show. In fact he has only enough time to watch a 1-2 minute clip. Say they were already running the episode, so the CEO watches from there. It was the worst part of the series, and the times up. The show gets canned. Wouldn't you be pissed if you liked that show?
09-29-2006 at 01:19 PM
Znirk
Drgamer wrote:
Say a show is doomed unless one of those higher up people likes it. Say one of those said people is chosen to watch the show and tell the others how it was (The other CEOs are busy...). However, said person is too busy to watch the entire show. In fact he has only enough time to watch a 1-2 minute clip. Say they were already running the episode, so the CEO watches from there. It was the worst part of the series, and the times up. The show gets canned. Wouldn't you be pissed if you liked that show?
Probably, but that's a completely different situation.

The people whose job it is to decide what to put between commercials are supposed to a) know what's on their channel in the first place, b) invest slightly more than two minutes in research and c) base their decisions primarily on market research and viewer figures rather than what they themselves like. Oh, and d) actually do the job they're paid for rather than shifting the responsibility to the CEO. Or e) if for some reason they do need a decision from the higher-ups, at least prepare them a representative clip.

If a friend to whom I recommend a show ignores that recommendation ... well, <shrug>. Maybe he doesn't have time to watch more tv, or is busy when the show runs, or my description didn't sound interesting enough to him, whatever. A product manager at a tv station who behaves the way you describe will be fired before long, not because he canned a show you liked but because he didn't do his job.
09-29-2006 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
Ok, the point of the game is to post in the thread? I'm not geting this here...
09-29-2006 at 04:51 PM
UrAvgAzn
Well, it was a necroing thread game, read the crossed out text at the first post. But then it was doomed from the start because people didn't get the game, so it just became the farthest that what I expected. What was a 'wait until the day comes to necro it' game, became a 'keep the thread alive' game. And a bunch of random stuff, be it funny, informative, or clever, gets you a mod. So keep it alive!

Keep posting,

09-29-2006 at 08:12 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
So basically...it's like the entire forum in one tiny nutshell.

09-29-2006 at 09:18 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Revival (+1)  
You know what this thread needs? Ray guns.
09-29-2006 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drgamer
Znirk wrote:
Drgamer wrote:
Probably, but that's a completely different situation.

The people whose job it is to decide what to put between commercials are supposed to a) know what's on their channel in the first place, b) invest slightly more than two minutes in research and c) base their decisions primarily on market research and viewer figures rather than what they themselves like. Oh, and d) actually do the job they're paid for rather than shifting the responsibility to the CEO. Or e) if for some reason they do need a decision from the higher-ups, at least prepare them a representative clip.

If a friend to whom I recommend a show ignores that recommendation ... well, <shrug>. Maybe he doesn't have time to watch more tv, or is busy when the show runs, or my description didn't sound interesting enough to him, whatever. A product manager at a tv station who behaves the way you describe will be fired before long, not because he canned a show you liked but because he didn't do his job.
Unfortunetly it's similar to how Nickelodeon, Fox, and NOT Disney (They have their own system from what I've read... Back before the were a network...)

Fox has a tendency to cancel anything that dips a little in ratings, and acts surprised when people buy the DVDs (Family Guy only)

Nick goes "Ratings are down. Let's cancel the show, not tell anyone, and ignore all petitions that have signitures of people want the show back. It's not like those people really liked the show"

Disney has (had?) a system (From what I've read) that apparently stops the making of a series after about 3 seasons... Way to go Disney!
09-29-2006 at 10:29 PM
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
Tahnan wrote:
You know what this thread needs? Ray guns.

:guns :spamlaser :starwars :bond :frankie :matrix2
That's all the guns and rays i could find.
09-30-2006 at 01:33 PM
Drgamer
What if someone gave Beethro a sword that looked like a roach?
10-01-2006 at 04:59 PM
Canadian_Army
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Or a roach that looked like a sword

10-01-2006 at 06:04 PM
Drgamer
And thus a new enemy was made:

The flying sword.
I suppose it'd move like a Wubba, in terms of obstacle dodging (Except it FLYS)
10-01-2006 at 06:19 PM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Hilarity shall ensue the pants off of the stupid company that didn't put a disclamer on their product of 3*3=9 rings for mortal men, doomed to dye or is that bleach on Gandalf's clothes make the man; naked people have little or no influence on society in general is crazy like this post in the message board of DROD is a great game. :fun :smile :fun :smile :fun Keep those smileys rollin'!

10-17-2006 at 06:34 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Sillyman wrote:
Hilarity shall ensue the pants off of the stupid company that didn't put a disclamer on their product of 3*3=9 rings for mortal men, doomed to dye or is that bleach on Gandalf's clothes make the man; naked people have little or no influence on society in general is crazy like this post in the message board of DROD is a great game. :fun :smile :fun :smile :fun Keep those smileys rollin'!

Well sir, I do belive that your username and signiture is fitting.
10-17-2006 at 09:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
It already got this low?

10-25-2006 at 06:54 AM
MartianInvader
Rank Points: 126
MUAHAHAHA!! I'm officially necrohijacking this thread back to its original purpose! I figure once a post is off the first page, it can be considered "old".

First one to post in this thread after it once again gets scrolled off the first page of forum game topics gets a whole bunch of mod points!

("After getting scrolled off the first page" means... let's count them... 30 forum game topics posted in between your post and the previous post in this topic... no saying "the first page is only 5 topics on my computer!")

(Creating a bunch of new topics to push this one down again is cheating).

Good luck all!

02-17-2007 at 12:42 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Hmm... is it just me or is this thread becoming a place of spam, nonsense and sillyness? Anyway: !!! BUMP !!!

(*Insert 80 lines of Spam*)
(*Insert somewhat scam*)
(*Insert 150 lines of offence*)
(*Insert 260 lines of profanity*)

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 02-19-2007 09:43 AM]
02-19-2007 at 09:42 AM
Drgamer
*casts revivara*

For no reason *whistles*
02-21-2007 at 04:34 AM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
I'm reaching into the future and bringing the thread back to life.

Ha like any of you can say that.

I wish that man would stay away
02-22-2007 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
The spitemaster wrote:
I'm reaching into the future and bringing the thread back to life.

Ha like any of you can say that.
Well, personally I'm reaching into the past and saying it before the spitemaster ever said it.
02-22-2007 at 10:14 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Revival (+2)  
Resurrection!

04-01-2007 at 04:25 AM
Page 2 of 12
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Revival (Keep it alive!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com