Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Virtual Burning Man (Our Experience for September.)
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man (0)  
Just want to know, can I be at two places at once?

For example, let's say Tim is visiting Jeff Ray's Magic Funtime Camp, but Maurog enters Tim's Potato Shooting Range. Can I still enjoy Jeff's presentation while I'm helping out Maurog, or do I have to move back to my own attraction immediately?

09-18-2006 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1224
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man (+1)  
Yep, you can be at your attraction while visiting someone else's. Or Jeff Ray's for that matter. ;)
09-18-2006 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Do we get contest participation credit? ;)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-19-2006 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Do we get contest participation credit? ;)
Considering that there is a prize from the prize pile on offer, i would think so.
09-19-2006 at 03:47 AM
Ezlo
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man (+2)  
Who cares about prizes! Contest are fun anyways. I would actually perfer if this didn't have any prizes what so ever!
09-19-2006 at 04:07 AM
NiroZ
Ezlo wrote:
Who cares about prizes! Contest are fun anyways. I would actually perfer if this didn't have any prizes what so ever!
To be honest, i would have to agree with that. The suggestion that there is a prize makes me paraoid that there is some trick somewhere.

Oh, and the fact that then someone has to win/lose

[Last edited by NiroZ at 09-19-2006 04:26 AM]
09-19-2006 at 04:20 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3640
I say that the person who has the most fun wins. Fun scores will be determined by the person and four other unbiased judges.

09-19-2006 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Ezlo wrote:

I'll second that! :thumbsup

Elf.

09-19-2006 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
I am having so much fun with this contest.. :thumbsup

The first surprise I had was that I could visulize my developed space and see myself or other walking through it. I had no idea what I needed to build my idea but a little searching on the internet got me enough info to get me started.

While some thought I was building a world size place - reality was I am not in construction and didn't know how much I needed to do what I wanted, I have reduced my supplies as I found out more. I didn't want anyone saying I couldn't do it cuz I didn't have enough of something. :blush

The virtual aspect of this is the best part because I was only limited by my imagination not my wallet. My wallet would have limited me to a potato too.

I am looking forward to visiting everyone...... :wave:

09-19-2006 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with the planning too! I need to finalize everything before I'm done though. Hopefully people can appreciate virtual milkshakes and smoothies! ;)
09-19-2006 at 09:23 PM
techant
Ezlo wrote:
Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with the planning too! I need to finalize everything before I'm done though. Hopefully people can appreciate virtual milkshakes and smoothies! ;)

Yeah now we will have to discribe it so others can see it like we do - that's the harder part I think.

Also - do you think we will need helpers to construct our place listed in our 30? :w00t

09-19-2006 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
I hope not, yours sounds like a pain to put together! :lol
09-19-2006 at 09:29 PM
Tim
I must say that I'm also very interested in the idea of building a complete setting in the head. And I think I've brought enough items to make sure people don't know what I am creating yet. Fortunately I still have time to think about it ;)

Oh, I just hope I've got enough items for everyone. But since there are only about 15 lists in the thread, I probably don't need to take one million gifts with me. :)

09-19-2006 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1309
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man (+1)  
Arr... I'd be boarding yer ship, RedHawk, if ye be doin what ye seems like.
09-20-2006 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Ezlo wrote:
I hope not, yours sounds like a pain to put together! :lol

Actually the Biosphères come already assembled so it is just the interiors I have to set up. You will have to come by so that I can take you on a tour.

09-20-2006 at 01:07 AM
Ezlo
I believe your's is second on my list of places to visit after Elfstone's. See you soon!

I'm noticing a suspicious lack of games at Coppro's LAN party Ice cream place.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 09-20-2006 01:05 PM]
09-20-2006 at 01:30 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
The start of Virtual Burning Man has been postponed to...

Local Time:09-25-2006 at 01:00 AM

This is because I still need to write and send the Illumination which a lot of people rely on to learn about new contests. I won't have time to that until this weekend.

-Erik

09-20-2006 at 03:28 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
ErikH2000 wrote:
The start of Virtual Burning Man has been postponed to...

Local Time:09-25-2006 at 01:00 AM

This is because I still need to write and send the Illumination which a lot of people rely on to learn about new contests. I won't have time to that until this weekend.

-Erik

Thanks for the update :D

[Last edited by techant at 09-21-2006 07:35 AM]
09-21-2006 at 01:37 AM
Lardarse
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 56
I just hpoe that I'm not too late for this... :)

Erik: I have one question: how big a campsite does each person have? Or are you just asking us to keep them to a reasonable size and not try to "god mode" it...
09-23-2006 at 02:32 PM
ErikH2000
Lardarse wrote:
Erik: I have one question: how big a campsite does each person have? Or are you just asking us to keep them to a reasonable size and not try to "god mode" it...
I guess make it as big as you want. It must be something that is physically possible on the planet Earth.

-Erik

09-23-2006 at 05:10 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
I added a link to the Explorer Topic in the topmost post. Note that people who have not created campsites can still visit campsites. Participation credit will be awarded to campsite visitors as well as creators.

-Erik

09-24-2006 at 03:05 AM
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
ErikH2000 wrote:
I added a link to the Explorer Topic in the topmost post. Note that people who have not created campsites can still visit campsites. Participation credit will be awarded to campsite visitors as well as creators.

-Erik

Thanks for that. I was very much hoping for this, since I really want to see what Techant is up to, but didn't have the time (or inspiration) to keep a campsite of my own.

09-24-2006 at 07:30 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Does the owner of the campsite have to be on when you ask to go?

09-24-2006 at 07:55 AM
Lardarse
No... you just have to wait for them to get online to talk to them.

You might possibly want to consider firing off a PM to the person when you visit their site.
09-24-2006 at 10:05 AM
NiroZ
Lardarse wrote:
No... you just have to wait for them to get online to talk to them.

You might possibly want to consider firing off a PM to the person when you visit their site.
I thought you were supposed to manage the whole thing through PM's and emails.

Oh, and btw, the experience hasn't started yet.(25/9/06)
09-24-2006 at 10:09 AM
Lardarse
Starts in 14 hours time, I know...
09-24-2006 at 11:50 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Can we bring a crew with us? i.e. if I want to run DiMono's Paintball Splatterhouse, it would be a whole lot more fun if we didn't have to wait for 10 people to be visiting my booth, and could instead use people I brought with me to start the game as soon as one person shows up.

09-24-2006 at 02:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
What, what, what? I didn't have internet access during the weekend, and only read the Illumination just now. Sounded pretty fun, but oh well. There's always next month...

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
09-25-2006 at 04:03 PM
ErikH2000
DiMono wrote:
Can we bring a crew with us? i.e. if I want to run DiMono's Paintball Splatterhouse, it would be a whole lot more fun if we didn't have to wait for 10 people to be visiting my booth, and could instead use people I brought with me to start the game as soon as one person shows up.
Yes, you can have other people helping out with your site. Please do not share your login information with other people to piggyback off one PM account. Not saying you would in particular.

-Erik

09-25-2006 at 07:41 PM
Tim
I want to say that I have to stop participating in this contest, because somehow I seem to have too many other stuff that I need to do first. Sorry.
09-25-2006 at 10:31 PM
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Virtual Burning Man (Our Experience for September.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com