Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : I cant load holds!!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
PHILMORT
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
IP: Logged
icon I cant load holds!! (0)  
I have downloaded the Architects prog.....and clicked on the import button....then chose the hold I want which is BT....the prog then says importing..and I am left with a screen that says OK...I click this...and am back to the screen which shows the holds available....but It only shows KDD....and not the BT hold...I also tried with Channel one suite....but just the same results!!!
Any Ideas please???

Best wishes
Phil :w00t

09-11-2006 at 02:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: I cant load holds!! (+1)  
If you mean you downloaded DROD:Architects Edition, it is an older version and cannot run the holds you mention. You should get one of the newer versions of DROD (DROD:JtRH or DROD:KDD, either demo or full version, doesn't matter), and import there.

You have Caravelnet - did you purchase it without previously purchasing a full version of DROD? I didn't realize that was possible. In any case, you should be ok with a demo version, as long as it's a recent version.

09-11-2006 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PHILMORT
icon Re: I cant load holds!! (0)  
Many thanks for your quick reply.
I cant work out how to import in the normal games level editor.
When I click on Build...it whants me to start a new level...and quits if I dont.
Thats why I tried to use Architects prog.
Doh!!!!

09-11-2006 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
You don't need to go to the editor to import.

Go to the "Play game" menu, then choose "change location". You should be able to import from there. If you are connected to the internet and have Caravelnet set up correctly, you don't even need to download the holds first, you'll see all the holds you can download from inside the game.

09-11-2006 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
PHILMORT
Thanks eytanz....YOUR A STAR!!!
All is fine now.
Best wishes my friend.
Phil

09-11-2006 at 03:22 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
eytanz wrote:
If you mean you downloaded DROD:Architects Edition, it is an older version and cannot run the holds you mention. You should get one of the newer versions of DROD (DROD:JtRH or DROD:KDD, either demo or full version, doesn't matter), and import there.

You have Caravelnet - did you purchase it without previously purchasing a full version of DROD? I didn't realize that was possible. In any case, you should be ok with a demo version, as long as it's a recent version.

Very possible. The demo builds are CaravelNet enabled. In fact, AFAIK, the only real difference is that one has support for more than 1 style, the rest of the difference is in the .dat files.
09-11-2006 at 11:38 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
coppro wrote:
eytanz wrote:

Very possible. The demo builds are CaravelNet enabled. In fact, AFAIK, the only real difference is that one has support for more than 1 style, the rest of the difference is in the .dat files.
No, there is one more difference, and that is it is alot easier to upgrade to the latest version with the full install, whereas with the demo you have to reinstall DROD.
09-12-2006 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Not true. I've done it several times myself.
09-12-2006 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : I cant load holds!!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com