Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
Page 3 of 13
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Schik wrote:
We'd have more luck playing pick-up sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak.
That was Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

How about an easy one:
... Men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death.

08-10-2003 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
T2 :) Sarah Conner.

I don't believe this one has come up yet...

Personal note: When I was little my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so when I was six, I did.

I've got another couple of quotes which should give the game away if the above isn't enough.

[Edited by StuartK on 08-10-2003 at 04:39 PM]
08-10-2003 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Woohoo! One I actually know. This one is from Pi. Hmm...now I have to think of a quote...ah! This is from a foreign film, so I will put it in the language of the movie, and a translation in English. I'm not sure of the spelling though, of the original language....

Bonjourno Principaesa!!

In English: Good morning Princess!!

08-11-2003 at 02:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Someone actually got it! That'll teach me to type faster :twak Well done Zex. One of my favorite films. It doesn't exactly stand up to mathematical scrutiny, but I like the style, and the music, and the director (though he seems to be cursed never to get any more films out of pre-production)

OK, another quote from the same film.

11:15, restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature.

Next

Sol: "This is insanity, Max!"
Max: "Or what if it's genius?"

And before we forget

12:50, press Return.

[Edited by StuartK on 08-11-2003 at 01:34 AM GMT: too slow...]
08-11-2003 at 02:29 AM
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
icon Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Woohoo! One I actually know. This one is from Pi. Hmm...now I have to think of a quote...ah! This is from a foreign film, so I will put it in the language of the movie, and a translation in English. I'm not sure of the spelling though, of the original language....

Bonjourno Principaesa!!

In English: Good morning Princess!!
That's from a great movie, "Life is Beautiful". I remember seeing that in the theater when it first came out. Here's a quote that I like:

Person 1: Don't touch it! Don't touch it!
Person 2: Well I wasn't gonna touch it, I was just pointing at it...
Person 1: Well don't point.
Person 2: Can I look at it?
Person 1: No. No, you've seen enough of that one already.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
08-11-2003 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Looks like we need another quote Malarame.

08-13-2003 at 04:08 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Mmmm. I cheated and both Google'd and went to the Imdb, and I still don't know what movie it's from. So make sure you say if it's the same movie or not, because I don't want an unfair advantage.

Keen observers will note that I hate mystery so much that if I don't know the answer, I'll look it up and shut up about it.

Matt

08-13-2003 at 04:59 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
That's odd, I was able to find it just fine by Googling. PM me if you want to know and can't find it yourself.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-13-2003 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
icon Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Person 1: Don't touch it! Don't touch it!
Person 2: Well I wasn't gonna touch it, I was just pointing at it...
Person 1: Well don't point.
Person 2: Can I look at it?
Person 1: No. No, you've seen enough of that one already.

The film is This is Spinal Tap (which I've seen only slightly less than a million times) and I didn't cheat, I just wasn't paying attention.

And now...

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
08-13-2003 at 08:08 PM
Mattcrampy
Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.

Here's one:

'God bless the Internet'.

Matt

08-13-2003 at 08:20 PM
Oneiromancer
Is that American Pie?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-13-2003 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
I suppose it was obvious, really.

Yeah, that's American Pie. I was hoping it'd be an obvious movie that everyone here thought was beneath them. Oh well, your turn.

Matt

08-13-2003 at 08:29 PM
Oneiromancer
<steeples fingers> Exxxxcellent...

Two quotes from the same movie, just because I couldn't decide which one I liked better.

I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know?

and

I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet.

A friend of mine actually had a small speaking part in this movie, but she didn't want to join the Screen Actor's Guild and so didn't get any royalties when it actually made lots of money. Her picture even ended up on the back of the CD, and her scene was shown at the MTV movie awards show. Bummer, eh?

Game on,

08-13-2003 at 08:34 PM
zex20913
Hmm...I don't know why, but that sounds as if it's from "She's All That" even though I've never seen the movie...that'd be creepy.

08-14-2003 at 02:24 AM
Oneiromancer
Nope, that's not it...it's not that creepy, everything's legal. ;)

Game on,

08-14-2003 at 02:28 AM
Schik
Swingers.

How about:

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five.

08-14-2003 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
bump

08-16-2003 at 02:38 PM
Schik
We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five.
That was High Fidelity.

How about:
I never saw you throw that gentleman off the balcony. All I care about is are you happy with your haircut.

08-16-2003 at 02:50 PM
Oneiromancer
Schik wrote:
That was High Fidelity.

I knew that quote sounded familiar, but I've only seen that movie once, long enough ago that I would have no idea.

No clue on the current one, either, although I've probably seen it.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 08-16-2003 at 07:36 PM]

08-16-2003 at 07:35 PM
Mattcrampy
Could that be Edward Scissorhands by any chance?

Matt

08-17-2003 at 02:08 AM
Malarame
Schik wrote:
How about:
I never saw you throw that gentleman off the balcony. All I care about is are you happy with your haircut.

That was from "The Rock", not "Edward Scissorhands".

How about this one:
I am honored, and grateful that you invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. May their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my never ending loyalty.

-Groucho Marx
08-17-2003 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Well, it was a guess. No idea where this one's from.

Matt

08-17-2003 at 04:56 AM
Malarame
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Malarame wrote:
I am honored, and grateful that you invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. May their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my never ending loyalty.
Here's another quote from the same movie:
Then when you come back, you come out blastin', and don't take any chances. Two shots in the head apiece.

-Groucho Marx
08-18-2003 at 04:53 AM
Schik
I must have missed the post the first time around - that's an easy one! The Godfather.

How about:
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

08-18-2003 at 05:17 AM
Schik
Another quote, that should completely give it away:

The first rule of <thing> is - you do not talk about <thing>.

08-19-2003 at 09:07 PM
Oneiromancer
Well, yeah, that does...I've never even seen the movie, but I know that it is Fight Club. Funny, the first quote I thought it could have been Platoon or Full Metal Jacket, but I was pretty sure it wasn't, so I didn't even bother guessing...

Okay, here's my quotes:

[Someone's name]. One of the few Floridians who was NOT confused when he voted for Pat Buchanan.

and

Let's get the hell outta here, [someone else's name]. I think I hear one of them silent alarms.

Two quotes because the movie didn't last as long as it deserven in the theaters (bad release timing, too close to 9/11).

Edit: oh, hell, why not...here's another quote:

Was that a goat?

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 08-19-2003 at 09:19 PM GMT: added another quote for no good reason at all]

08-19-2003 at 09:17 PM
noman
Rank Points: 104
"Lets get the hell outta here" That sounds like Half-Life to me. Well i know thats not a movie, but anyway the barneys always say that if you ask them to come witch you.

->noman

08-19-2003 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
It's a cliché, noman. "Let's get the hell out of here" is one of the most overused lines in the history of ficion.

Of course "I've got a bad feeling about this..." is one of the worst offenders.

Matt

08-19-2003 at 10:44 PM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Mattcrampy wrote:
Of course "I've got a bad feeling about this..." is one of the worst offenders.

Star Wars hehe. Of course this has nothing to do with the quote Oneiromancer put up. :D
08-20-2003 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Okay, the movie I was quoting was Big Trouble, the movie adaptation of a very funny Dave Barry book. An intelligently funny movie, go rent it!

This one might be easy, but what the hell, you guys deserve it:

Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

And then later in the movie...

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Hmmm, that's probably not enough to get it...oh, well.

Game on,

08-21-2003 at 01:21 AM
Page 3 of 13
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No