Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Keyboard placement in the editor. (after you hit F5, and for scripting locations.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Keyboard placement in the editor. (+2)  
When playtesting it would be nice to be able to place your character using the keyboard, 'mimic-style' after you hit F5.

The starting point for placing Beethro could be the last point you playtested from, so if you just want to test from the same spot, F5 followed by 5 would complete the action.

Also nice, but probably more work, would be to be able to select regions for scripting commands such as 'wait for monster at'. This could be done with mimic style placement as well, but with the change that once you've placed the cursor on one corner, you can hold shift and move to the other corner of the selected region. A benefit of this would be that you can examine the area you selected more easily, and adjust it until it is exactly what you want.

In general more keyboard support in the editor would be nice, since the game itself tends to be more keyboard centric and the editor VERY mouse centric. In general thats pretty natural, but there are a few areas of the editor (as mentioned above) where I miss the exactness of keyboard control.

08-04-2006 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Keyboard placement in the editor. (after you hit F5, and for scripting locations.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com