Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Impossible high scores (Due to hold update)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Impossible high scores (+1)  
In King Pilchard 8's Dungeon, Lowest Floor entrance, the top 4 scorers have 47-move scores. They got them by entering the room from the north. The demos are still valid, but due to a hold update, it's no longer possible to reach this position - to leave from the north, the room must be already clear.

So, basically, it's not longer possible to tie with 1st place in this room.

Not sure if anything is to be done about this, just thought I'd point it out. If nothing else, this sort of thing is one reason people should avoid hold updates if possible (by which I mean they should not release holds in a condition which requires updating).

08-01-2006 at 05:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Re: Impossible high scores (0)  
The 37-move score, however, also relies on being able to enter from the north. That's sort of a cheap 1st place score.

08-01-2006 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Impossible high scores (Due to hold update)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com