Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Away for a while
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Away for a while (0)  
Hi,

I'll be away from the boards from now on until September 1st as I will be in Europe without a steady internet connection. Just so no-one thinks I'm ignoring them. I'm sure that by the time I get back, there will be a ton of new holds for me to play - and perhaps a non-beta, bug-free 1.6 - so I've got a lot to look forward to.

07-26-2003 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Away for a while (0)  
Ha, by the time you get back I am planning to have overcome your post count! :cigar Resistance is futile!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-26-2003 at 10:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
eytanz wrote:
I'll be away from the boards from now on until September 1st as I will be in Europe without a steady internet connection. Just so no-one thinks I'm ignoring them. I'm sure that by the time I get back, there will be a ton of new holds for me to play - and perhaps a non-beta, bug-free 1.6 - so I've got a lot to look forward to.
Well, have a good time! You've been an extremely valuable beta-tester, so I'm sorry to see you take off, but you got us through the brunt of it. Before you take off, could you e-mail me your street address? I plan to mail you a certificate.

-Erik

07-26-2003 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Cool! I'll send you my address by PM, that's easier.

07-26-2003 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Away for a while (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Ha, by the time you get back I am planning to have overcome your post count! :cigar Resistance is futile!
Man, you got a month to double your post count. That's nine posts a day, buddy! Plus something tells me Eytan will be logging in from internet cafes. :)

-Erik

07-26-2003 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Well, if you don't think I can do it, then stop posting comments for me to reply to. :P

Okay, I admit, that is a pretty tall order, especially considering it took me four months to get this far. Man, way to put a damper on my enthusiasm. :buh

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-26-2003 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Re: Away for a while (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, if you don't think I can do it, then stop posting comments for me to reply to. :P

Okay, I admit, that is a pretty tall order, especially considering it took me four months to get this far. Man, way to put a damper on my enthusiasm. :buh

Game on,
Uggh.

Why? :)

07-26-2003 at 11:19 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Re: Re: Away for a while (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
Uggh.

Why? :)

Why do people climb Mount Everest? Because it's there.

Okay, I just compared amassing lots of posts on a message board to scaling a mountain, somebody shoot me now.

Game on,

07-26-2003 at 11:30 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Away for a while (0)  
I'm so sorry - it is sort of wasting time, but it's too tempting.

Oneiromancer wrote:
Okay, I just compared amassing lots of posts on a message board to scaling a mountain, somebody shoot me now.

*BANG!*

:D

07-26-2003 at 11:44 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
There's a surefire way to get your post count up this high: do bug fixes! :)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-26-2003 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Or post bug reports.

Anyway, as Erik predicted, here I am in an internet cafe in Lublin, Poland. Not much DROD related to say - it's hard to find bugs when you don't have a computer - and there's way too much to catch up on for me to actually do so on paid time - but I thought I'd drop a note to say that I'm having a good time - the EGG (Eastern Generative Grammar) summerschool is really excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to do linguistics, whether beginner or expert - and Lublin is a really nice, friendly city (though barely anyone speaks English, so if you come here bring a Polish phrase book).

08-07-2003 at 08:26 PM
Oneiromancer
Well, it looks like I won't make my lofty goal...by about 30 posts or so. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I am going to be going on vacation myself starting tonight, and I won't be back until probably September 8. If I'm lucky, DROD:AE will be officially released by then. Of course, if I was really lucky, I would have won the lottery and/or finished my Ph.D. by now, so I won't hold my breath. I think all the loose ends are tied up...I wasn't the last person to be "it" in the lyric and movie tag threads...looking good!

This will be my first vacation in 4 years or so that I haven't spent the entire time with either my or my fiancee's family, so maybe I will actually have fun and relax! And not think about how much work I will have to do when I return...not counting all the catching up I will have to do with these boards and my webcomics. It's okay...I expect my withdrawl symptoms to be light.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 08-30-2003 at 12:43 AM]

08-29-2003 at 09:02 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Away for a while
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com