Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Must flee movies (Films to stay away from.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Must flee movies (+3)  
I was just subjected to a horrible movie. It's called "A Walk to Remember", and it's got Mandy Moore.

I was making dinner, and the house's TV is in the same room, and somebody else was watching it--she doesn't know why either.

And it was horrible. I stayed merely because I had food, and it also doubles as our dining room. But! I ate quickly and fled as soon as I could.

Basically, it was all mush and no substance. Somebody opened up their *heart* and emoted all over the film. Nothing good can come of it.

So, I bring this to you to say "NEVER SEE THIS!", and hope you do the same for me, and all of the forumites--

Which movies should people stay away from?

07-08-2006 at 02:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Must flee movies (+1)  
Waaaaay back, probably around December/January, my girlfriend and I had wanted to see a movie called "Just Friends" (Mainly because the majority of it was shot in my town). Of course, it had sold out, so we had to choose another one. About the only other interesting one was a movie called "Grandma's Boy". It looked like a good, clean comedy to watch and serve as an alternative to a remotely romantic evening.

Oh man, was I ever off shore on that one.

That movie barely had any plot, and was filled with more grotesque scenes than I had ever hoped to have seen in my life. Being a family friendly forum, I don't even want to get into any of them, but they were enough to completely scar both of our minds.

About the only good thing that came out of it was that we ended up spending the entire movie talking instead, but we would be disturbed by some of those scenes every so often. Please, never see that movie. It creates more disturbing images than the amount of actually humour in it.

07-08-2006 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Must flee movies (0)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
About the only good thing that came out of it was that we ended up spending the entire movie talking instead

I seriously hope that you were the only people in the theater. Otherwise that's incredibly rude. Just because you're not enjoying something, that doesn't mean everyone else isn't.

Also, why in the world did you stay in there? If I find a movie unpleasent or offensive I just leave the theater and go do something more entertaining.

07-08-2006 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Well, if someone ever wants to subject you to "Night Watch: Nochnoi Dozor" - run, don't walk. There were some nice special effects in it, but the story was sooo incomprehensible that it just wasn't funny anymore...

np: Couch - Blinde Zeichen (Figur 5)

07-08-2006 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lakibuk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
gamer_extreme_101 wroteThat movie barely had any plot, and was filled with more grotesque scenes than I had ever hoped to have seen in my life. Being a family friendly forum, I don't even want to get into any of them, but they were enough to completely scar both of our minds.
Sounds like Pulp Fiction...

07-08-2006 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Two movies everyone should definitely stear clear off are Manos: The Hands of Fate (this movie starts out with a 15-minute intro credits sequence (featuring the driving car! whee) -- except they forgot to overlay the actual credits. It goes downhill from there), and The Wild Wild World of Batwoman (which, if possible, is even worse, and even includes unrelated random clippings from other movies).

You know how some movies go beyond bad and back to good, so that they're actually bad in a good way ? These movies go way beyond that. These movies are so bad that they go further along the badness curve, up and down, until they finally end up somewhere around bad^n. These movies aren't simply 'bad'. No, these movies are so soul-crushingly bad that they actually cause physical pain in anyone uninformed enough to attempt to see them.

And that's the MST3K versions.

As bad as these movies are, you'd think that it'd be intentional, but amazingly it's not for either movie. Kinda makes you wonder if the people responsible are actually human.

- Gerry

07-08-2006 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
miketo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
Gerry:

Oh man, I can't believe someone else watched those! A couple friends and I watched them specifically because they were known to be so very, very bad, even the MST3K versions.

No lie -- they are, in truth, appallingly bad, without anything funny to redeem them. Even the MST3K guys had to strain to say something funny about these incoherent movies.

Excellent choices for worst-movies-ever.

--Mike
07-08-2006 at 07:03 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
miketo wrote:
Excellent choices for worst-movies-ever.
Heh. I just noticed I haven't seen a single movie from IMDb's Bottom 100. Then again, I've also only seen 37 from the Top 250... :)

np: Radiohead - Idioteque (I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings)
(which incidentally happens to be the Radiohead song I like most...)

07-08-2006 at 07:18 PM
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
I, sadly, *have* seen some of those Worst Movies Ever according to IMDB... In my younger days, unfortunately.

Your mileage may vary on this one, but I don't believe I'm ever going to see Jean-Luc Godard's 'Week End' ever again. I understand the artistic significance. I understand the historical significance as it applies to film history. I just hate the movie with a passion. Of course, when the movie features such scenes as a French bourgeois moron setting Emily Brontė on fire as Lewis Carroll looks on, a slow pan across a traffic jam/accident for *seven minutes* with horns blaring the whole time, a series of proletariat rantings while the camera focuses on the person *next* to the ranter eating a sandwich, and a finale that involves the on-screen killing of a live pig and the kidnapping of innocent picnickers for cannibalism purposes... Well, I don't much want to watch it again...

French New-Wave Cinema taken to the extreme in a film that *killed* the movement. Woohoo.

I'd comment on Douglas Cammell and Nicolas Roeg's 'Performance', but I'm trying to block *that* film out of my mind. I do remember there being much drug use of the shroomy sort, lots of irritating disjointed sounds, ultra-violence, and I think there was a sex scene involving Mick Jagger in it, though.

[Last edited by Hikari at 07-08-2006 08:57 PM]
07-08-2006 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Must flee movies (Films to stay away from.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com