Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Forum Hunter (Find it on the Forum!)
<<11121314
Page 15 of 16
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Re: Forum Hunter (0)  
Dischorran wrote:
I suppose 3 might be some guy's first post.
You're getting warm, but there is something missing.

Click here to view the secret text

02-20-2009 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Forum Hunter (+2)  
#10: Here
02-21-2009 at 06:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
icon Re: Forum Hunter (+1)  
#6: Depending on how you count, this could be 21 & 22, or if that is only considered one query, then this is twenty second.
02-21-2009 at 07:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
#4: Here
02-21-2009 at 07:39 AM
agaricus5
noma wrote:
#6: Depending on how you count, this could be 21 & 22, or if that is only considered one query, then this is twenty second.
Heh. I have to admit, I was more looking for the thread than any particular post inside it, although your extension adds beautifully to the clue. I originally meant that it currently holds the #22 spot on the "most viewed thread" statistic (it's in close competition with the Riddle of the Bar discussion).

And, there are three left to find! (I'll get to mod-pointing once I earn a few more!)

Edit: Ask and ye shall receive, it appears. Although as I remember someone saying, it does go against the "don't ask..." anti-Aladdin principle. Bonus point for finding the post I'm thinking of! :)

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 02-21-2009 11:03 AM]
02-21-2009 at 10:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
agaricus5 wrote:
Okay, time for another dose of necromancy (I shall raise dead yet!). Sorry my absence caused the thread to die; let's start again with 10 new things to find.

Find me a post or thread where:

1) A poster was being indecisive about whether to defend with “c” or “s”. - Found by Jutt

2) One can find arrays of a type of elliptical nut causing illusionary swirling. - Solved fairly quickly by Neather2

3) We are introduced to a composition by Richard Strauss with a minor misspelling. One might have heard it on a particular journey into space. - A hint is posted. Then Nuntar finds the answer (and leaves the room :))

4) The Eighth was originally unveiled to have at least ten times as much surface as the Earth. - Discovered by Noma

5) It is declared that living tar may be found on level 8522.

6) Although one can no longer query within it about a certain Stalwart, at the time of this posting, it can be considered #22. - Discovered by Noma

7) It is revealed that one can find the largest living land mammals beneath transparent floors.

8) Stefan is suggested to consume 1-move demos after waking. - Found by Jutt

9) It was announced that two guys in a magic phone booth may have taken over the forum. Excellent!

10) It is presumed that one's death screams are not muffled because they travel faster than a serpent can engulf you. - Discovered by Noma

A hint is posted. Then Nuntar finds the answer (and leaves the room :))

Oh, oh. You are a fun of DROD demos comments, aren't you? :D

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
02-21-2009 at 12:26 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
agaricus5 wrote:
7) It is revealed that one can find the largest living land mammals beneath transparent floors.
Hee hee, and apparently turtles too!
02-21-2009 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
With two to go, it seems some more cryptic clues may be helpful.

agaricus5 wrote:

Say that sentence to yourself, out loud. Type what you hear. What part could possibly change?

9) It was announced that two guys in a magic phone booth may have taken over the forum. Excellent!

Dude, you still haven't got it? You need to go an an Excellent Adventure, or perhaps go and listen to the Wyld Stallyns in concert!

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 02-22-2009 01:28 PM]
02-22-2009 at 12:15 PM
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
agaricus5 wrote:
here, the Three word story

02-22-2009 at 12:54 PM
Neather2
agaricus5 wrote:
With two to go, it seems some more cryptic clues may be helpful.

agaricus5 wrote:

Say that sentence to yourself, out loud. Type what you hear. What part could possibly change?

Dude, you still haven't got it? You need to go an an Excellent Adventure, or perhaps go and listen to the Wyld Stallyns in concert!

It seems that no one can find n9...

02-24-2009 at 07:33 AM
agaricus5
Okay, maybe I'm being too obscure with 9.

Banjooie would not be pleased.

Edit: made the clue more explicit.

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 02-24-2009 12:28 PM]
02-24-2009 at 12:20 PM
Neather2
Is a Banjooie post?

02-24-2009 at 12:23 PM
Jutt
Rank Points: 863
02-24-2009 at 03:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
The real problem now, is to proclame the winner. Noma or jutt?

02-24-2009 at 03:34 PM
noma
I shall concede to Jutt as he came up with answers before I did. Also because even though I knew what agaricus was after for #9 I couldn't find it.
02-24-2009 at 04:06 PM
Neather2
Jutt's turn, then! Congrats!

02-24-2009 at 04:07 PM
agaricus5
icon Re: Forum Hunter (+3)  
Well done, guys; I hope my cryptic clues were fun to decipher!

02-24-2009 at 09:41 PM
Jutt
icon Re: Forum Hunter (+4)  
It took a while to collect some new clues, but here they are. Good luck!

Find on the forum a post/thread where:

1a – several forum members try to reconstruct the conversation from a hilarious, but unfortunately removed topic. found by zex20913
1b – that removed topic actually is recreated. found by Zex20913

2 – a forum member tells how he rode on top of a vehicle with a rather hazardous outcome. An illuminating story. found by Nuntar

3 – several members announce they are not the kind of inteligent species they normally pretend to be. found by Nuntar

4 – in an argument two renowned architects accuse eachother of creating unoriginal puzzles, even stealing ideas from the other. Luckily such foolishness happens only once a year. found by zex20913

5 – a member states having used writing materials once, which was apparently the weirdest thing he ever did to accomplish a certain task. found by Nuntar

6 – Erik is modded down because his ranking is too high. He violates his own rules! found by mxvladi

7 – nearly all content is directed to one single person. Honestly, you shouldn't read it if you're not him. found by Dex Stewart

8 – we are introduced to a number. It's rather minimalistic though, so you'll be quickly finished with it. found by Nuntar

9 – a story is mentioned involving two guys (who are the perfect couple) and the explosion of a magic phone booth. found by Nuntar

10 – Erik hides the fact that he is being clever to a certain extent. He even explains how he hid it. found by CuriousShyRabbit

[Last edited by Jutt at 03-04-2009 04:41 PM]
02-25-2009 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Jutt wrote:
6 – Erik is modded down because his ranking is too high. He violates his own rules!

This?

02-25-2009 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Forum Hunter (+2)  
1a

8?

I especially like that I think I found the (integer) powers of 2.

02-25-2009 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jutt
Quite a downmod indeed, but doesn't cover the description well enough. Im looking for something else.

02-25-2009 at 04:55 PM
Jutt
Zex, 1a and 4 are correct, but I had different topics/posts in mind for 2 and 8.
I do like your guess for 2, which fits the description pretty well too. Had heard rumors about this story but never actually read it. I think the intended solution is a bit closer to all the hints though.

Nuntar, both are correct, well done.

02-25-2009 at 05:13 PM
Neather2
Jutt wrote:
It took a while to collect some new clues, but here they are. Good luck!

Find on the forum a post/thread where:

1a – several forum members try to reconstruct the conversation from a hilarious, but unfortunately removed topic.
1b – that removed topic actually is recreated.

2 – a forum member tells how he rode on top of a vehicle with a rather hazardous outcome. An illuminating story.

3 – several members announce they are not the kind of inteligent species they normally pretend to be.

4 – in an argument two renowned architects accuse eachother of creating unoriginal puzzles, even stealing ideas from the other. Luckily such foolishness happens only once a year.

5 – a member states having used writing materials once, which was apparently the weirdest thing he ever did to accomplish a certain task.

6 – Erik is modded down because his ranking is too high. He violates his own rules!

7 – nearly all content is directed to one single person. Honestly, you shouldn't read it if you're not him.

8 – we are introduced to a number. It's rather minimalistic though, so you'll be quickly finished with it.

9 – a story is mentioned involving two guys (who are the perfect couple) and the explosion of a magic phone booth.

10 – Erik hides the fact that he is being clever to a certain extent. He even explains how he hid it.

Is 9 a copy of a quest of Agaricus' hunt?

02-25-2009 at 05:13 PM
Jutt
Neather2 wrote:
Is 9 a copy of a quest of Agaricus' hunt?
No, it isn't. Despite its striking similarity to Agaricus' task, it has a different solution.

02-25-2009 at 05:16 PM
mxvladi
Jutt wrote:

Then...

This? :unsure
02-25-2009 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
1b!

02-25-2009 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jutt
Mxvladi, Yes, you got the correct one this time.

Nuntar, Two is indeed the answer.

And Zex found 1b all right.

Nice work so far—still 4 left.

02-25-2009 at 06:27 PM
mxvladi
Jutt wrote:
7 – nearly all content is directed to one single person. Honestly, you shouldn't read it if you're not him.

This?
02-25-2009 at 06:41 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Nope, it's this.

And don't read it. Really don't.
02-25-2009 at 07:17 PM
Jutt
02-25-2009 at 07:35 PM
<<11121314
Page 15 of 16
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Forum Hunter (Find it on the Forum!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com