Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Temple of Kurath
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Quath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged

File: Temple of Kurath.hold (24.7 KB)
Downloaded 174 times.
License: Other
icon New Hold: Temple of Kurath (0)  
Here is my a hold of 42 rooms of moderate difficulity. Any and all feedback is encouraged.

Beethro is paying off a favor to a friend by checking on his missing wife in the abandoned Temple of Kurath. Of course, things turn difficult. Luckily, Beethro was cynical enough to have brought his sword.

This is version 0.5 made with build 32. All the rooms were tested in build 29.

Quath

Version 0.6 - Flxed some blank scrolls and spelling.

[Edited by Quath on 07-25-2003 at 01:49 AM]
07-24-2003 at 03:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: New Hold: Temple of Kurath (0)  
The first room contains a blank scroll - is this intentional or a result of one of the several scroll-erasing bugs of previous builds?

Also, the first room can probably use a checkpoint somewhere; maybe before the eye area in the bottom left.

07-24-2003 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well, there is a slight typo in the introduction...it says that Argus' wife is "studing" at the temple. I thought only males were put out to stud? :D

Edit: I also do not see any text on the scrolls (I am using Build 32 also).

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 07-25-2003 at 12:04 AM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-24-2003 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Quath
Yeah. Looks like the scrolls were erased in going from build 29 to 32. I will try to fill them all back in. Blah.

Quath
07-25-2003 at 12:10 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
The scrolls worked on Build 31 for me, after the first level.

I liked it! This is the first hold with a true storyline to it, including Dugan's.

Overall, I would also say that it is of medium difficulty, and I agree with the number of rooms. I like the riddle incorporation as well.

Specific rooms:

Well, I want to do specific rooms, but I overwrote my data/player :(.

I'll go through it again, someday, and give comments.

07-25-2003 at 01:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Quath
Ok. I fixed the scroll problems on the first level. I backed up to build 29 and saw that somewhere along the way the scrolls were cleared. So it is not a build 29 to build 32 error.

Sylene is no longer studing as well. I try to run a PG rated hold. :)

Quath
07-25-2003 at 01:52 AM
bibelot
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 322
I liked it also. It wasn't too difficult, but there was enough variety to keep it interesting.

I don't know if you intended it this way, but the small landing is possible from both entrances...
07-25-2003 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Fun hold. Many of the rooms had alternate solutions - I'm not sure how intentional all of them were, but I like holds which allow for personal playstyle variations. A couple of notes:

Click here to view the secret text

07-25-2003 at 10:45 PM
Quath
I am glad people liked it. I wanted to make something challenging but not too brain racking. I did also plan for multiple ways to beat a room.

eytanz:
Click here to view the secret text

bibelot:
I intended for the small landing to be doable from both sides. I wanted one side to be a lot harder than the other. As it was, I think that one side was just a little harder than the other.

Quath
07-25-2003 at 11:45 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Another hold I didn't play during the beta and am only now getting around to. I finished it tonight, and let me say I liked it a lot! If you're still around, Quath, submit it to the Holds forum! It has a neat story, and I like very much what you did with the levels, especially the last one.

Probably the only specific room comment I have off the top of my head is the one Eytan had about one of the Test rooms, but if you come back and want more I can probably give you some.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-05-2003 at 02:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Temple of Kurath
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com