Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : ZelDROD (A community project?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon ZelDROD (+1)  
So many ideas from so many people...
I thought we could organize this into some sort of community project. It just seems to be too large for one person.
Maybe I'm wrong, but still it would be a better hold.
Any opinions?

06-21-2006 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: ZelDROD (0)  
Having seen but never played any of the Zelda games, I'm going to have to say that maybe not the entire community should be involved.

06-21-2006 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Umm... What's ZelDROD?

06-21-2006 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
This would be good to do... but there is a community hold already out there, and I think someone (not someoneelse :)) was working on this one.

I was going to do a Zelda title for TCB... after I have released Echoes and 'the hold after Echoes'.

As there is a community hold, maybe we could have a small collaboration - keep it limited to maybe half a dozen architects at most, maybe with there own architect skill?

I would gladly help in more ways than one anyways.

EDIT: AH! I modded you down by accident sorry :~( But I think i put it right now.

EDIT 2: ZelDROD is a hold based on a Legend of Zelda title... a bit like my MetDROiD holds ;)

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)

[Last edited by geomatrx at 06-21-2006 07:15 PM]
06-21-2006 at 07:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Well, if that does happen, I have a Beethro-based story ready and raring to go for an Ocarina ZelDROD. :D
06-21-2006 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Depending on how burned out I am, I actually was indeed thinking about building the basic layout for my ZelDROD hold and letting someone else (or a community of someone elses--perhaps even an unofficial contest) fill in the rooms with puzzles. It's going to be in TCB because I want to take advantage of certain new things, and it's not going to be ready for a long time, but it is still an idea I was throwing around, because otherwise it would be almost too huge for just one person.

Another option is to make it very simple and newbie-friendly so I don't really have to think about the puzzles too hard. The decision isn't really a high priority right now, though.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-21-2006 at 11:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : ZelDROD (A community project?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com