Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Deep Hold : Level Twenty-Five - Deep City : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
redfish
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Deep Hold : Level Twenty-Five - Deep City : Entrance (0)  
Is this room possible? I cannot see how to drop all the red tiles in the bottom right section, between the two save points. As far as I can see, the one tile wide path on the very bottom is not traversable either way as the tar formations you end up with always trap you.
06-19-2006 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Deep Hold : Level Twenty-Five - Deep City : Entrance (0)  
i figured out that redfish's problem is solvable. but i'm working on this room now for more than a week. and even if i absolutely not like to ask about: could somebody post a demo for this room? it is really annoying!

zaubberer
:wizard
07-28-2006 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
Why must everyone always use transparent tar? :P

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
07-31-2006 at 01:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Why must everyone always use transparent tar? :P

the answer lies in my fourth haiku:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=8510#121626

07-31-2006 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
redfish
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
It's been a long time, and I had abandoned this room, but I tried it again recently to no avail.

Wallu, I see that what you suggest might be possible and I've tried it more than once.

Click here to view the secret text

HELP! This room is driving me crazy!

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured it out. Isn't that always the way! Work forever, and figure it out just after posting.

[Last edited by redfish at 11-30-2006 08:12 PM]
11-30-2006 at 08:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Wow, this room is like a root canal and a full body cavity search without the fun.

It's not that I couldn't solve it (although that's debatable). It's just that I'm already not enjoying it. :(

Can someone offer me a demo and put me out of my misery?

Josh

03-08-2007 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Bump to this. I'm still stuck in this room. Can anyone help? Most trouble is in the lower-right corner, but frankly the entire room confounds me.

Help?

Josh

03-24-2007 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver

File: DH 25 Entrance fubar.demo (6.9 KB)
Downloaded 61 times.
License: Public Domain
I've been stuck on this room for 10 months.
I figured out the SE corner thing on my own, I just always end up with something uncuttable over the last trapdoor or so, or something where I can't cut and live at the very end.

(see attached demo, almost the closest I've gotten)

EDIT: also, is there a bypass to the rest of level 25 or something? for some reason this room isn't shown as missing from my high score list anymore, like someone was able to come in from the other side and one-move demo it out of existence.

[Last edited by silver at 05-14-2007 07:37 AM]
05-14-2007 at 07:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
christine83
Rank Points: 158

File: DH Level Twenty-Five - Deep City The Entrance Victory.demo (7.1 KB)
Downloaded 148 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Deep Hold : Level Twenty-Five - Deep City : Entrance (+5)  
Yeah, sorry about that :)

I did 1-move it after I replayed the room to give a hint to jbluestein. I didn't get what happened and why all the highscores went missing and didn't reply.

How I played this room (also for months) was to start with the pieces that left me stuck everytime. And a bit of planning ahead. I know what a pain this room is and hope to help you with this demo.

#1 Fan!
Click here to view the secret text

05-14-2007 at 09:07 AM
silver
I should've thought of this before - it's trivial (even probable) to get out of the room without conquering it and thus be able to turn around an 1-move demo it later. just trap a tar baby on a wall you can't get to.
(by trivial, of course, I mean a trivial extension of the decidedly non-trivial task of slogging through all that mess)

thanks for the demo - of course, I'm trying to keep as much progress as possible, so I'm not going to restart and copy, but it did give me inspiration to go back a couple more checkpoints and try a different route... though I may already be dead from placing the wrong "leftover" tar on the se wall section. it's very hard to determine that, even with tar invariant theory

[Last edited by silver at 05-14-2007 10:07 AM]
05-14-2007 at 10:04 AM
jbluestein
christine83 wrote:
Yeah, sorry about that :)

I did 1-move it after I replayed the room to give a hint to jbluestein. I didn't get what happened and why all the highscores went missing and didn't reply.

How I played this room (also for months) was to start with the pieces that left me stuck everytime. And a bit of planning ahead. I know what a pain this room is and hope to help you with this demo.

Thanks Christine83! I am looking forward to crossing this hold off of my list, finally...

Josh

05-14-2007 at 03:20 PM
imageq
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
This room really makes me crazy. Is it possible to finish it from this location

or I must start it over?

TIA
11-05-2007 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Remlin
Rank Points: 181
I think you're stuck. Even ignoring the walls and trapdoors, that blob of tar just isn't cuttable. Sorry :(
11-05-2007 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I assume that the part you are stuck on is the one directly in front of you from your position...By looking at it, I would actually say it’s possible (though of course I can’t be completely confident). I would go about it as follows:

(Directions are using “north” as being towards the top of your picture).

1. Kill the tar baby, then go east and stab the tar with your sword facing east. Kill the tar baby that appears in the southeast square.

2. Again, with your sword facing east, step forward and stab the tar. Kill the tar baby that appears.

3. Kill the tar baby on the wall (the one that already exists in the original picture) by moving southeast with your sword pointing southwest (as if you were stepping around a corner to stab it). Move north after this.

4. Stab the tar on the wall to your north, and kill the tar baby that appears to your northwest. Then, stab the tar to the northeast.

5. You should be left with a three-square wide section of tar beside you, which you can stab with your sword to the southeast, creating two tar babies. Kill the one to your east - you will be “shielded” against the other by the section of pit you created in step 3. Kill it, and the path will then be open.

Was that the problem? The rest of the room should be okay (though again, this is just by looking at it).

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-06-2007 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Deep Hold : Level Twenty-Five - Deep City : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com